• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yay first Yellow 7 BS of the winter !

Hey all,

It has been a very long winter full of disaster after disaster. Finally I am getting some supers to pod out.

Yellow 7BS:

352lon6.jpg

2lwn3mu.jpg

11jc0hv.jpg

Diced this up and threw it on a quesadilla; it was delicious !

Thought I would Share.

- Mega

That's ridiculous!

You live in Spokane, MegaSpokaneMan!

beautiful.

Where's the pics of this "quesadilla" you speak of?

So, you goin to the NWCF or not?

Yo Scovie! I will be there... hopefully will be able to crash someones site with a tent. Are there still cabins available ?

Joyners: oh yeah its hot... very hot... I would say this, my red brain strain, and Jonah were the hottest I grew this year. This plant has been good to me for sure. Put off around 100 pods this Summer. It isn't looking too hot under the MH right now.... I should probably get pics up here soon and ask a few questions.

- Mega

look either small or the wall of the pepper is very thick... usually those BS are pretty thin walls.
anyway nice peppers! keep on teh good work

I would say it is small about the size of a ping pong ball; however in my opinion Brains bot red and yellow are thick walled. At least the ones I have grown.

- Mega

Way to go Mega. I have my first Butch T and Fatalii still growing and almost ready to ripen so I'll have my first winter peppers in a few weeks. My Brainstrain is way too small for pods. :-(

Nice you ate the whole thing in one quesadilla ?

A and yo that sauce ... HOT...Good flavor too whats all in it?

Hey all,

It has been a very long winter full of disaster after disaster. Finally I am getting some supers to pod out.

Yellow 7BS:

352lon6.jpg

2lwn3mu.jpg

11jc0hv.jpg

Diced this up and threw it on a quesadilla; it was delicious !

Thought I would Share.

- Mega

that dont look too brainy, are you sure its a brain strain?

that dont look too brainy, are you sure its a brain strain?

Winter indoor pods don't necessarily look the same as outdoor ones. I don't know why, but my indoor pods are always smaller and thicker than outside.

Oh yeah sure its a BS. The pods this last Summer were a dead on phenotype. I hope this change isn't permanent. I have only had the opportunity to enjoy this one, some others ripening now look closer. I'll post some more pic once more start coming off the plant.

Sadly, there are only six or so pods on this guy right now. It seems to be struggling. I am hoping potting up will stop the issue. This last Summer it shared a 20 gal with a another plant; its roots taking up the majority of the pot; felt horrible about cutting it back for the winter. Yesterday I put it in its own 15 gal hoping for a positive change.

- Mega

Back