• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Yay!!! My first Bhut

So assuming the plant is happy, how long does a mini fruit take to turn into big fruit and ripen if its indoor in a sunny window? 1 month?

firstbhut.jpg

chillilover said:
Looks like maybe a Naga morich. Bhuts are a lighter green. Will have to see it grow out to be sure though.
Are they fairly similar otherwise? I'm still confused as to the differences between the plants. Kind of seems like they are the same plant but originating or growing in different areas so they are called something else.

PS. I'm sure whatever it is, it will kick my butt. LOL.

:cool:
chillilover said:
Looks like maybe a Naga morich. Bhuts are a lighter green. Will have to see it grow out to be sure though.

Way too early to make that call dude. bhuts too are dark green when they hatch. They turn light green after a few days and look like this SV.
4532796787_b12e74ae96_o.jpg

4532796781_b504338e1c_o.jpg

This bhut 46 pods on it so far.
Congrats on your first bhut pod!!!!!!

madhatter said:
:cool:

Way too early to make that call dude. bhuts too are dark green when they hatch. They turn light green after a few days and look like this SV.
4532796787_b12e74ae96_o.jpg

4532796781_b504338e1c_o.jpg

This bhut 46 pods on it so far.
Congrats on your first bhut pod!!!!!!

I kinda wondered that.

Nice job SV. I have my first pods at the same stage as you on a choco bhut from Madhatter. So nice to see some actually peppers peeking out after the months we've put into them.

Madhatter, those bhuts look amazing man. 46 pods already? damn it's not even May yet!

Ballzworth said:
Nice job SV. I have my first pods at the same stage as you on a choco bhut from Madhatter. So nice to see some actually peppers peeking out after the months we've put into them.

Madhatter, those bhuts look amazing man. 46 pods already? damn it's not even May yet!

Nice brother!! I can wait to see you in agony trying those choco bhuts like i was today when i tested one of my red one.
The Tears were pooring out of my eyes!!! but i love it

madhatter said:
Nice brother!! I can wait to see you in agony trying those choco bhuts like i was today when i tested one of my red one.
The Tears were pooring out of my eyes!!! but i love it

I'm jealous man. Save me a piece for when I swing by next. It's great having our testing season start so early. what was it, a month ago when you had ripe dominicas?

SV, to answer you original question, I think you'll probably need over a month to get the bhut fully grown and ripened.

Ballzworth said:
I'm jealous man. Save me a piece for when I swing by next. It's great having our testing season start so early. what was it, a month ago when you had ripe dominicas?

Ballz, You see that bhut in the bottom half of the photo that is ripening? That one has your name one it!!

Notrod said:
When did you plant that thing?

I actually got the plant as a small seedling from someone local back in early Feb. It was about 2" tall.

As of right now, the insanity which is my kitchen, looks like this: (white bucket is the bhut)

plants.jpg

Ballzworth said:

Thanks dude. Its great isnt it. I love it. I've also got a couple chocolate hab plants too but they are not as big but I cant wait to see some pods on the other plants.

svtcontour said:
I actually got the plant as a small seedling from someone local back in early Feb. It was about 2" tall.

As of right now, the insanity which is my kitchen, looks like this: (white bucket is the bhut)

plants.jpg
Nice job SV, The plants look great!
Its always rewarding when you get your first pod with all the work you did. Keep us posted on how the bhut grows out. We love photos.

Nice job SVT!

I currently have 12 Bhut plants (which better be the real deal, from www.seedrack.com). They are about 12" tall now.
Also your plant looks really healthy madhatter, need to share your secrets with me lol.

Back