• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Yeah, I don't think this is a JPGS...

I got some seeds labeled as Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion from a respectable THP member. They were free so I am in no way complaining, but I don't think they are JPGS. Looking at the plants, they look an awful lot like C. pubescens, however, I didn't plant any pubescens seeds. If I did, it would have been blatantly obvious due to the color, unless these were a hybrid... Opinions on what I might have?

IMG_20150809_102956620.jpg

IMG_20150809_214946090.jpg

IMG_20150809_215055012.jpg

Helvete said:
Hard to say without flowers/fruits to go by.  Also looks like C. eximium

Wow, I have never heard of C. eximium. *runs to google* I know it doesn't look anything like any chinense varieties I have ever grown. I know flowers/fruit would be very helpful, but unfortunately it isn't flowering yet. I am really hoping it starts soon. I would be neat if it were C. eximium or other wild type.

GA Growhead said:
The seeds for this plant would have been black.

I know that pubescens have black seeds, but that is the thing. I never planted any black seeds. That would have been a dead giveaway as to what I had. I do have some red manzano seeds in my collection, but none got planted this year. Haha.

Could it be a hybrid?

It needs to hurry up and start flowering/fruiting. I want to know what the heck I got.

TrueNorthReptiles said:

I know that pubescens have black seeds, but that is the thing. I never planted any black seeds. That would have been a dead giveaway as to what I had. I do have some red manzano seeds in my collection, but none got planted this year. Haha.

Could it be a hybrid?

It needs to hurry up and start flowering/fruiting. I want to know what the heck I got.
C. eximium seeds are more of a tan/latte color and can easily blend in with other domesticated seeds, although they're smaller.  Should be interesting to find out what they are.  If the flowers are purple and white then you probably have got one!  Have you asked the person that sourced the seeds if they have wild varieties that could have gotten mixed in?  C. pubescens seeds are black and if you didn't plant any black seeds that's not what it is, plain and simple, although I'm not sure what the likeliness of a pube X JPGS hybrid is or what the seeds would look like, never know though!

Helvete said:
C. eximium seeds are more of a tan/latte color and can easily blend in with other domesticated seeds, although they're smaller.  Should be interesting to find out what they are.  If the flowers are purple and white then you probably have got one!  Have you asked the person that sourced the seeds if they have wild varieties that could have gotten mixed in?  C. pubescens seeds are black and if you didn't plant any black seeds that's not what it is, plain and simple, although I'm not sure what the likeliness of a pube X JPGS hybrid is or what the seeds would look like, never know though!
I forget who sent them. They sent a bunch of varieties for free, so I am happy. I will post pics when I know more about the plant.

Back