• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Yee Har - Bhut Jolokias gone retail

When to Bunnings to get a rake and what did I see....Bhut Jolokia's for $5.90 in the plant section.

I spoke to the staff member who tells me there getting in scorpions and other 7 pods too.

THIS IS FREAKIN AWSOME.....

that is awesome! it wont be long lots of super hots will be available to the main stream.

did you buy any? how big are they? pics?

Im at work at the moment.

Yes I got one. It was flowering with a few very small chilles starting out. about 25-30cm tall. They were about 15 to 30 cm ranging, so the're past the seedling stage.

I'll see if I can update this with a pic later on

Bunnings for those outside of Oz is a large wharehouse size retail outlet for hardware. We also have Mitre 10 and Masters who are owned by Woolworths that do the same thing.

They sell bhut plants at the local southern states stores here in virginia and have for several years. i think i paid 4.00 each.. i bought 3 .. they produced well.. as far as pods.. the Kroger in Maricopa az sells them.. 1/2 lb for 6.99.

ive heard of bhuts here in Texas at local nurseries, but nothing more exotic than that.

are super hots more popular in Au than here in the states?

I haven't seen any seedlings of superhots for sale here, but I have been able to buy Butch Ts and Jolokias in HyVee for a while now. Iowa, in case anyone else here is looking.

I just put an ad on Craigslist and people are asking and starting to reserve their plants LOL... they tell me that no one else sells these here in Vegas. I heard of a place that has em for $12 WTF? I'm selling some just to help fellow chili heads and Asians here and of course to support my hobby. If I I gain more profit from it, it's cool. I'm selling them for $7 a piece and they're going fast, right now I have people asking for some I haven't sowed yet. So I still wish I can buy locally, I mean what if you get and infestation or something? You want a place to go for an emergency LOL! Even at $12 I would support and buy a few, but some of you are lucky to find supers at nurseries and for $4 bucks that's just awesome.

,Vegas

One nursery close to my dentist 20miles away sells bhuts about 12-16" for $1.99!!! Also sell white habs and a few hots. Stc -Shane's nursery is loaded with hits and supers ie barrackpore. And Jonah's I believe.

A nursery here has carried Bhuts for a few years, although the first time my wife and I bought 16 plants and only 1 turned out to be a bhut. The others were all red habs. Last year I bought 4 and they all were bhuts but 3 had issues with a pod rot situation. :rolleyes:

The bhuts I grew from seed were fine.

I haven't seen any seedlings of superhots for sale here, but I have been able to buy Butch Ts and Jolokias in HyVee for a while now. Iowa, in case anyone else here is looking.

Where in Iowa? No where here in Omaha NE sells superhots as seedlings of pods. The nursery I spoke to told me that habs were the hottest they sell because anything hotter was a liability due to the nature of small kids picking stuff and eating it straight off nursery plants.

Where in Iowa? No where here in Omaha NE sells superhots as seedlings of pods. The nursery I spoke to told me that habs were the hottest they sell because anything hotter was a liability due to the nature of small kids picking stuff and eating it straight off nursery plants.

lol yea i never thought of that, i could defiantly see some kids eating some bhut pods or what have you.

tbh ive eaten my share of those little peppers on the home depot ornamental pepper plants... i just had to see what they tasted like.

Why don't that just remove the pods instead of the whole plant?

Im at work at the moment.

Yes I got one. It was flowering with a few very small chilles starting out. about 25-30cm tall. They were about 15 to 30 cm ranging, so the're past the seedling stage.

I'll see if I can update this with a pic later on

How's that photo of the plant coming along? Did it come with a tag that identifies the nursery?

They just started selling these at the bakers in Omaha NE. First time I have seen them and this is all we can buy retail.

A51C62B1-4E41-4534-A323-0A32838B3968-21069-00000702C63F6473_zps3f205169.jpg

Back