• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Yee Har - Bhut Jolokias gone retail

They just started selling these at the bakers in Omaha NE. First time I have seen them and this is all we can buy retail.

A51C62B1-4E41-4534-A323-0A32838B3968-21069-00000702C63F6473_zps3f205169.jpg

My dry pods are red, or yellow if they are yellow bhuts and so on...Only time my dry pods look that bad is when they are smoked but that is a little bit of love.

The first Habaneros I got in the US where from Mellssa's . They also didn't look to great but kicked our butts !! We learned several things that day ... you can always add more pepper but you can't take it out ! Wash your hands BEFORE and after going to the restroom !! Didn't mean to be a HiJacker there ...

Back on topic ... The Ghost and other catch names are sold by a local nursery here. Not many but they have a tray. I think Lowe's and Casa Depot did last year but I'm not positive I didn't go there for plants. Just like food product's everyone wants to fill the needs of heat lover's if there's a market.

Needless to say I did not buy any of those... they do look like a mess as Joyner's pointed out... maybe smoked but I doubt it...

Needless to say I did not buy any of those... they do look like a mess as Joyner's pointed out... maybe smoked but I doubt it...
Not smoked for sure, dried at a high heat for too long. ;) First year I made flakes and powders mine looked like that, to the trash it went! You lost all the flavor and are left with heat only.

Melisssa's still hasn't removed that world's hottest label?

Edit: Whoops, was on mobile earlier and didn't notice a second page. I see this has already been mentioned. Carry on... :whistle:

i purchased Melissa's dried ghost pepper about 4 years ago and they were heavily smoked, which was a disappointment, as soon as you open the package the smoke aroma fills your space.
the store i purchased them at no longer carries them, guess i was the only smuck to buy a bag.

Back