• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Yellow 7 pod ripening

Heres a cool looking 2 tone yellow 7 pod I found ripening in the garden yesterday.
002-12.jpg

Looks very cool but definitely different than the yellow 7s(SR) that I'm currently growing. Is the shape shown common?

POTAWIE said:
Looks very cool but definitely different than the yellow 7s(SR) that I'm currently growing. Is the shape shown common?

Ya, almost looks like a scorpion. I got them from Neil and he said he had 2 types. One like mine and then a different looking strain.

Looks kinda cute at the moment - like a lemon and lime snowcone. Bet it won't cool you down though. Oh mama!

I ended up sending the first ripe one straight to the freezer. Was scared even to try a piece after trying a 1/8 inch piece of a fresh naga this year and getting a bad burn for a good 5 minutes or so.:shocked: The Naga's seem a lot hotter than last years.

Good times! I bit a good chunk off a Fatalii today, and I swear it's the hottest pepper I've tried. I got a good 10 minute or so burn from it and it's the only chili that's made me hiccup so far. I've yet to try a 7 pod - and by how evil they look Idon't know if I want to.:scared:

Many different shapes exist, but i'm convinced there are two distinctly different strains floating around, and a third from AJ, which ripens more orangish. They are all pimpled, but one is bonnet like and huge, the other is more elongated and pitted. Actually, they mirror Sara's examples a year ago.

Chris

POTAWIE said:

Back