• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Yellow 7 pot/pod, is yours pimply or smooth

Beautiful pimply yellow 7 all of you guys! I really thought it was just a pipe dream that this thing even really existed. So cool when I saw Sara's last year I though then it was the most beautiful pod, and again I think the same. Chris your pictures of those top shelf pods are perfectly lit and so crystal clear with no watermark. They would make a nice desktop!:shh:

These are my free pics. lol. :) I didn't grow them so I didn't copyright. My pics aren't that good regardless compared to others I've seen, but it's sure fun to document.

Here's a few more green pimply pod pics. You can see a smooth one ripening in the background but most are pimply now

3826322579_2f95580995.jpg

3826308951_8c44a47df2.jpg

I just love the yellow 7s. Super productive too. They may be my only super hot next year. Tough to beat. Giant pods, pimpled, beautiful. An amazing species.

I'm finally starting to get a lot of pimply Yellow 7 pods ripening:) Here's a pic of my first ripe, non-smooth pod
3867931248_bcc4715517.jpg

Wow, these all look AMAZING.

I'm just starting to think about seeds for next growing season (this is my first growing season with superhots this year... previously I've only grown jalapenos for salsa.)

This year I have the jalapeno, thai dragon, boonie, scotch bonnet, fatalii and naga morich plants.

Next season I want to try some Trinidad varieties after hearing how hot they are... a 7 pot plant and a Trinidad Scorpion plant. Where's the best place to get seeds for these varieties? Is there another Trinidad pepper that's worth doing at the same time? I'm looking for heat, heat and heat!

There's so many 7 pot threads now that I don't know where to post pics:( I'll just post this cool pic again here

Pimply and contorted pod
3813238840_9280e36eec.jpg
HMMM,I have 1 yellow 7 pot similar to this, and 1 that comes out smooth.Where do you get your seeds? The pimply ones taste best and are the hottest.

HMMM,I have 1 yellow 7 pot similar to this, and 1 that comes out smooth.Where do you get your seeds? The pimply ones taste best and are the hottest.
Hotter weather seems to make them pimplier IMO, especially with my greenhouse plants. I got my seeds from Sara in Trinidad several years ago

My 7 Pot Brain plants are finally starting to put out pods and they are all smooth. I was wondering if it was because of our unusually cool spring/summer here in Washington. We just can't get many nights with temps above 50-54F, and now we are finally getting 70-80F for the highs. Thanks for bringing this thread back, it explains alot to me.

Around here its been the coldest summer since the 1930's, that might explain it. Pods are also quite small but plentiful.
It sounds warm in Catania - Sicily -

Al Gore must not eat chilis. Gotta love that global warming!

My 7 pots were waxy, but didn't have pimpling. I think they caught some stray pollen.

Back