• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

yellow leafs ?

I have a little problem, I notice about 3 days ago i had a couple leafs that had fallen but didn't think think much of it. Over the last couple days it been getting worse so i checked the
PH and Nitrogen in the soil all levels seem to be ok. it seems like its only on the lower parts of the plant, the leaf goes from light green to yellow over night.

Picture800.jpg

Picture801.jpg

Picture802.jpg

Picture803.jpg

hello

i got the same problem.. the leaves started to turn yellow at the bottom and it's slowly going higher smaller top leaves are turning yellow and dropping too. yesterday i found lots of leaves have dropped.

I had that problem a couple of years ago. What worked for me, and maybe it was just luck, was grinding up some multivitamins, female ones because they have iron, mixing them in water, letting it set overnight and then pouring a little around each plant.

Mike

I am having that same problem with my young ones and I will get some fish emulsion to feed them. I did this before and it took care of it plus made my plant take off!!
I mix it in a spray bottle and just mist the leaves a little ,seems to work good. I will try this next week when I get back and see if it does the trick.

The photoperiod is decreasing and the temps are dropping....chiles know this and are preparing for winter by dropping leaves.

You are in Michigan, so I assume this plant has been indoors for a little while. Are you trying to overwinter it? Meaning was it outdoors all summer and you just now brought it in? It also looks like you just have a curly CFL as a light source, that isn't really that much light compared to the amount it was use to with the sun.

Leaf loss is pretty common with peppers that are brought inside, also with the CFL it doesn't have a penetrating light, so the lower leaves are not receiving enough light to keep them alive.

I am going to try a couple different things like putting light's under the plant or some fish emulsion. Thanks for all the help fellas.

Back