Yellowing And Crinkly Leaves

Hi there.  Sorry for another post, but have noticed in the last day, a few of my plants are showing signs of yellowing and wrinkly leaves.  I have read a post a bit down the page and a couple of the pictures are very similar problems as a couple of mine.  I did water it a bit heavier the other day.  I also understand that it could be a nute issue as well.  As usual, any and all help is greatly appreciated.  Also pics are as follows.

Wrinkly and yellowing leaves on a Trinidad Perfume

JkFJWgt.jpg

Picture showing my Jim Nardellos on left, Trinidad Perfume on right.  The Jim Nardellos are a nice dark green like they are supposed to be, just pics taken with iphone.

Ye4yafv.jpg

Early California Wonder on left, 7 Pot Douglahs on right, same camera, Early California's are nice dark green.

8O5lUCg.jpg

Picture of another with a bit of leaf damage.  Does it pay or not to remove the damaged leaves from a plant if they look like this?

IXSb97t.jpg

Thank you again.

they need calcium, next time you water them add cal/mag to the water
(edit: all new growth will be flat, it will not effect the old growth, they will still be wrinkly )

It looks like it might be a lack of Nouts.  Whathave you put on it so far?  I am a novice, but I learned the hard way.. lol

So far all I have used is Miracle Gro Tomato Plant Food, and that was a while ago.  I guess I will look into a calcium supplement.  Thanks.

Can anyone possibly tell me what to use to get calcium.  I read calcium nitrate, but do not know where one could get that.  So again, any help to find calcium would also be great.

what is the ratio on that? i use miracle grow all purpose 24-16-8 or something like that, i know it starts with 24. i also add calcium once a month or as needed. 

edit: and as for cutting off the damaged leaves, its ok to do. it will actually benefit the plant and create new growth, or you can leave them on. its really up to you. and try looking up "cal/mag" with out the " in google, it should give you some good ideas on where to get it

Wrinkled leaves in your hot peppers is a lack of bone meal (phosphorous) and the yellow is lack of nitrogen. Stay away from miracle grow stuff, stick with seaweed or fish emulsion.

The wrinkling is most likely nutrient burn - the start of it, anyway. You said you are giving them Miracle Grow tomatoe food, but how much, and how often? If you followed the instructions on the pack - 1 tablespoon per gallon of water - that's way too much for plants the age of yours. Also, how often are you watering or has it been raining in your area? The yellowing could simply be overwatering, whether it's from you or rain.

geeme said:
The wrinkling is most likely nutrient burn - the start of it, anyway. You said you are giving them Miracle Grow tomatoe food, but how much, and how often? If you followed the instructions on the pack - 1 tablespoon per gallon of water - that's way too much for plants the age of yours. Also, how often are you watering or has it been raining in your area? The yellowing could simply be overwatering, whether it's from you or rain.

from what ive seen and read geeme knows his sheit 

geeme said:
Well, I was using the MG Tomato food at full strength, 1 tbsp. : 1 gallon H2O.  Last time used was about a week and a half to two weeks ago, approximately.  Also, as for watering, I watered approximately a week ago, pretty good, then put a sprinkler on it Sunday afternoon for a good drink as well.  The top of my soil was dry with no moisture, dug an inch down and it still appeared dry, so I watered, same as for the second time.  I will admit that I am guilty of overwatering.  I will NOT water for a while now.  This is a bigger learning curve than I had originally expected.  Also, they say that the rain amount so far this year is 200% of normal amounts.  Thank you so much again for all of your help.

Since I got this stuff, is there any reason to keep it, or should I return it?  If so, how best does one use it?  Thank you.

U3ZfoSz.jpg

4bo2Akj.jpg

Dolomitic lime is great stuff. Your chinenses will need extra calcium whether they need it or not now. If you continue to use MG tomato food, use it at 1/2 strength or use it at 1/4 strength twice as often. For the lime just sprinkle a couple of tblsps a few inches away from your plants and water in. As to watering if the soil is dry an inch or so down it is fine to water as long as your bed is draining well.

The MG food has no calcium on the label. Your plants will need calcium once they kick into production, or they risk getting BER-BLOSSOM-END rot. So keep it, but make sure to adjust the other food down a tad when you do.

obchili said:
Hi there.  Sorry for another post, but have noticed in the last day, a few of my plants are showing signs of yellowing and wrinkly leaves.  I have read a post a bit down the page and a couple of the pictures are very similar problems as a couple of mine.  I did water it a bit heavier the other day.  I also understand that it could be a nute issue as well.  As usual, any and all help is greatly appreciated.  Also pics are as follows.

OBCHILI! Do you know the name of the tree dropping those god forsaken seed petals? Or is it just an asshat neighbours tree covering the surrounding 5 miles with those buggers? Because that's not this guy... :liar:

I wish I knew the name of that tree so I could engrave it on its tombstone!  There were no seeds there the day before.  I now have a new mission in life.  Tree removal!  It is not my tree, but wish it was so I may discard of it.  Properly. :fire:

obchili said:
I wish I knew the name of that tree so I could engrave it on its tombstone!  There were no seeds there the day before.  I now have a new mission in life.  Tree removal!  It is not my tree, but wish it was so I may discard of it.  Properly. :fire:

copper nails.......... a few of those suckers in a tree will kill it dead, and no one would ever know it was you. sneak in, nail them in and get out... and be like  :whistle:  wasnt me lol

It's an asshat of a tree to be sure. Diseased, busting huge limbs all over the place, hopefully the arborist prescribes death by saw when he gets here next week :dance:

miguelovic said:
It's an asshat of a tree to be sure. Diseased, busting huge limbs all over the place, hopefully the arborist prescribes death by saw when he gets here next week :dance:

he will if you use some copper nails, it should only take a few days if you put enough into it lol then you can  :dance:  all night lol

Back