• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

yield Yield?

I haven't gotten the best yield out of my reapers, but I am hoping that was just bad luck and I will have better luck this year.

All of my habs, including chocolate habs that are in question, have always been very productive.

For sheer quantity, I have heard you can't go wrong with dorset naga and naga morich.

I had a reaper in a small hydro setup which I abused by letting it dry out a few times on accident and the plant still put out about 75 pods each wave. The plant was about 5 feet tall and plenty bushy. It also shared the ~5gallon maybe 7 gallon (small plastic storage bin) with two other plants, a scorpion and a jalapeno. all three did just fine until the painters unplugged my air supply and I lost one, but since the roots were intertwined, losing one meant losing all three in this setup.

I also put a reaper in the ground (single plant raised bed) and it put out about 50-65 pods each wave.

I think I had about 3 or 4 waves last year with the wonderful So Cal weather. Gave lots of pods away and even let a bunch rot because I already had a huge surplus.

pics (not with pods, well some green pods if you look closely, just the plant and their environment)

hydroside_zpsf1128da9.jpg

and the one in the ground. Pic taken around half way through the season.
6_zps3b70ee23.jpg

Back