• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

You know what sh!ts me??

Not exactly nute free but i am of the impression that seeds have enough "food" in themselves to germ and push out of a moist medium.

Think about germing in coir or cotton balls, the seeds will sprout but you would need to move them to food pretty soon.

mel said:
i was of the impression that the seedlings had to be kept nute-free... I guess this proves me wrong?

Nute free compared to what we give our older plants as we try to stress out as many pods as possible in as little time as possible. "In nature" (I hate that argument...really!) seedlings and adults don't get different waterings or soils:) If they can't cope with what they have where they are "born" they die.

so what you are saying is there are a few of these in every batch of seeds... :lol:

BornLosersCrop.jpg

mel said:
i was of the impression that the seedlings had to be kept nute-free... I guess this proves me wrong?

Seedings can be fed, but can easily be burned if you go overboard. Most germ mixes are ground fine in order to maximize the surface contact with the seed and designed to hold proper moisture and air. Once sprouted the mix has done its job and the seedlings tap root is looking for some chow. :)

Back