• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

you vote my new light will be

I have a 400W HID light right now but would like to be able to grow more peppers next season. what should i buy?

It depends on the space you are growing in. If it's rectangular you may do better to get a 2nd 400W light, if its a square you may do better with a single higher wattage light.

ultra crappy ms paint example:

Vk0gu.png

I would say go for what ever you have room for.
I have only used a 400w HID in a 3x3 area.

Just make sure to get HID lighting only. If you have a MH already you should maybe try for a HPS with a blue spectrum bulb to get the full spectrum. Here is a great hood I would recommend.

radiant2.jpg

thanks for the info i will get another 400W HID and they do support both bulbs so i will try the sodium bulb at the same time im running the Metal Halide in the other light.

watch the heat, air cooled hoods connecting both of them would super helpful. But great choice with 2 400's... another note just for info, 600W bulbs are the most energy efficient size per watt you can get in HID, so i personally wouldnt buy bigger than 600 when i could get two smaller bulbs to cover more of a canopy, as well as allow the lights to be closer to the plants

best of luck, and cheers

Great info would I just switch the bulbs back and forth so all the plants are getting both sodium and metal halide

Back