Youtube money???

Trying to get a handle on how much money folk make from Youtube.  Looking at some very popular shows and they seem very professional.  Professional cameras, professional editing, and so on.  That stuff has got to cost a fortune.  So wondering how many viewers does a show need to finance itself?  Any clue? 

Internet searches are useless because evidently they changed something and a lot of folk no longer get advertisers on their shows.  Something to do with things being identified wrongly as inappropriate.So

So what do you think?  The Duck Dynasty of Peppers?  I got the ducks.  i want a dynasty.

AJ Drew said:
Trying to get a handle on how much money folk make from Youtube.  Looking at some very popular shows and they seem very professional.  Professional cameras, professional editing, and so on.  That stuff has got to cost a fortune.  So wondering how many viewers does a show need to finance itself?  Any clue? 

Internet searches are useless because evidently they changed something and a lot of folk no longer get advertisers on their shows.  Something to do with things being identified wrongly as inappropriate.So

So what do you think?  The Duck Dynasty of Peppers?  I got the ducks.  i want a dynasty.
http://coed.com/2016/04/04/pewdiepie-net-worth-how-much-is-pewdiepie-worth-money-youtube-star-felix-arvid-ulf-kjellberg/

Some good figures in here. $9/1000 views if my brain didn't fart from reading the article, copying it, and pasting it here.... This is the biggest guy on YouTube, so keep his tens of millions of dollars per year in perspective with the type of channel and potential audience you would be going after.

I once heard you made 1200 bucks per one million views, that was a while back though. You gotta hit up companies and have their products in your videos too, if you can get companies to pay you for advertising you would be a step ahead

Start small with in-camera editing only. What this means is, be well rehearsed so you can do things in one take. You can stop the camera and start it again for a cut. You can use YT's built in titles for your intro. And hell, if you mess up it will add to the humor, we all know you anyway. Would be entertaining I am sure. Start small, most everyone does. There is no real cost. If you need editing, graphics, music & fx, that can come later. I mean technically you could still do music too, most people violate copyrights daily with music playing. Let's see the channel!

Hey let's help AJ name his crazy duck/pepper channel.

Go!

Uhhhhhh

Duck Duck Bhuts

Haha that's all I got folks.

Well, after first frost I am going back to work on the underground / sunken green house project.  My tractor is broke, so I have to dig with a shovel and I have only 7 toes.  That has to be good for a good theme.  Three Toe Chateau?  BTW: Last year we ran that joke at our Ren Fair booth but it was Two Toe Chateau.

People would walk by the booth.  I would scream OWCH, YOU STEPPED ON MY TOES.  They would look at me like an idiot.  i would hold up my foot, point to the lawn, and say they were buried there.  Thus far management has not said a thing.  I think cause, well it is me and I cant stop doing things like that.

The toe thing may be good for an episode or two, but you will need material to sustain being a series... and no more losing toes please! :D I'm sure there are plenty of follies at your homestead. Get it going!

You'd be surprised how much some people make.

It seems like the top earners for some reason are people who stream themselves playing video games... apparently there's a huge market for that. Then there's the prank channels, which require very little effort and make lots of money. Then there's the vlogs of people who are usually already rich, and you get to watch them riding around in their lamborghini and going to the gym and whatnot while filming themselves and trying to pretend to be inspirational.

Food channels are another huge earner. Here's the (very unofficial) estimates on a few channels I watch:

VahChef: $2k-24k per month... $300,000 a year on the high end just on ads. He also gets paid to use certain kitchen items and cooking utencils in his videos, and had a series sponsored by Philips airfryer/blenders
https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/vahchef

Mark Weins : Estimated $540 per day, so $200,000 per year on youtube ads. He also runs a very profitable blog on top of his youtube channel. His popularity also leads to tourism agency's in different countries/locations paying for his travel to shoot episodes in their location, so he travels and eats for free very often.
http://naibuzz.com/2017/03/26/much-money-mark-wiens-makes-youtube-net-worth/

The Food Ranger: estimated $400 per day, $150,00 per year on youtube ads. Also is recruited by tourism agency's and comped travel and food often.

These are just a few that I like, and certainly not even close to the most popular on youtube. Basically everything they do is something anyone with a camera could do, they just put the time and dedication into doing it. 

I've considered making a channel just for spicy food recipe's for awhile now, but never have the time. Not sure how large the audience would be either, but it'd be fun since I love cooking and sharing recipe's anyway.

Capsaicin Fiend said:
You'd be surprised how much some people make.

It's not surprising at all. Kardashians make millions for doing what? These money makers are doing a lot more to entertain us, just on a different medium.

As far as I know about making money off Youtube (which isn't that much), it did used to be a flat rate. It hovered around 0.3 - 0.5 cents / view. This was a long time ago in the wild west days of internet entertainment and sudden viral videos.

Now it depends on what type of ads you attract to be shown on your channel and a lot of other viewer habit algorithms. For a new channel with an inconsistent viewer base and inconsistent video output, you're probably expecting about 0.03 - 0.1 cents / view. Youtube wants regular videos now. They want 1 video at the exact same interval every time. (A video at 10:00 am every Tuesday and Thursday or a new video every day at 2:00 am for example) They also want people to be watching your channel consistently. If the algorithm picks up that people are coming on Youtube to watch your latest video, you'll be making more money. Pretty sure it can push beyond 10 cents / view in some rare cases. If your popular enough for that, chances are you'll have your own private advertising deals or sponsors and can double dip, so to speak.

Good luck!

Capsaicin Fiend said:

Food channels are another huge earner. Here's the (very unofficial) estimates on a few channels I watch:

Mark Weins : Estimated $540 per day, so $200,000 per year on youtube ads. He also runs a very profitable blog on top of his youtube channel. His popularity also leads to tourism agency's in different countries/locations paying for his travel to shoot episodes in their location, so he travels and eats for free very often.
http://naibuzz.com/2017/03/26/much-money-mark-wiens-makes-youtube-net-worth/

The Food Ranger: estimated $400 per day, $150,00 per year on youtube ads. Also is recruited by tourism agency's and comped travel and food often.

Wow. I actually enjoy watching these 2 on YouTube. They aren't doing bad at all! You could make a drinking game out of how many times Mark Wiens does his Stevie Wonder head roll, and Trevor does his "MMMMMMM."

Wow. Just frigging wow.  I have thought about trying something for fun.  But had no clue people make serious money until seeing The Hot Ones.  Its amazing because they have products to market.  So essentially instead of paying to advertise their products, they get paid to advertise the products.  Absolutely amazing.

Back