event "Zest Fest Midwest" in Colbumbus, Ohio

Looks like Defcon will be running the wing-eating competition this go-around. It's not technically a sanctioned "Deathmatch", as they want to keep the heat a step away from the Darkside, but hey, ALL of our competitions come with a lot of fun!

Headin' off to my regular job in a couple minutes, just to return this evening, load the truck, and head west for Zest Fest about 7pm tonight. We should roll in about 8am tomorrow, just in time to set up, and man the booth until 9pm on Friday. Sleep is totally over-rated.

Well, we rolled in way early AM. I think we counted a total of 18 hours of sleep since last Thursday. We got in, and were woken up by a stupidly strong storm this morning, that knocked out power until a few hours ago. Thank God we didn't stay and leave on Monday morning, to arrive home with another flooded basement. Anyway, good news is that at the Zest Fest Midwest, The Defcon Crew (Myself and Maggie) took not only 3rd in the People's Preference for the Condiment category with our Smokey Dust, and we took 1st Place for the People's Preference for the Defense Condition #2 Wing Sauce in the infamous Wing Sauce category, but we took BEST OF SHOW as well! The People's Prefernce Awards are different from judged competitions, as there aren't any judges, and the public votes for their favorites.

The People's Preference Awards were the only ones handed out his weekend, as the Golden Chile Awards are only handed out in January (we finally hit double digits this year by hitting the Trifecta for the wing sauces). It was a good weekend, which reinforces my main quote, "Life is Good".

Glad to hear you're back home safe and sound, and the home front is good. 

Congrats! on your Awards!  Nice to have a "People's Choice" from a new set of customers. 

Back