event Zestfest 2016

When I was last somewhat active on this great website, Zestfest was a hot topic.   Ann, Creator, Sicman, etc, etc.  Just wondering what has ensued in the last few years.

I did a double-shift judging today.  Zestfest is THIS WEEKEND.  I had hoped some competitors and/or exhibitors would have some discourse going.  Personally, I love Zestfest.  But, I'm a chilehead who lives about 5 miles from the venue.  

drP
:scared:

You are hoping for "discourse"? That's not what we seek out here at THP.

Yeah, I remember you.

You were the one that said Texas Creek was like "home kitchen sauce" and Sicman's T-shirts were cheap feeling.

Dr Pacheco said:
 I had hoped some competitors and/or exhibitors would have some discourse going.:scared:

Scoville DeVille said:
You are hoping for "discourse"? That's not what we seek out here at THP.

Yeah, I remember you.

You were the one that said Texas Creek was like "home kitchen sauce" and Sicman's T-shirts were cheap feeling.

My god, what revisionist history!  I said (and apologized) that "Texas Creek" sounded somewhat like a winery.  It was a marketing observation.  I regret that, but it wasn't anything diabolical.  

And Sicman's t-shirt is awesome, it's on its last legs though.  If I remember, the only "issue" (which wasn't an issue) was the color (not any cheapness).  It was off-white, not a more specific color, so you can't bleach it, yet it can't be washed with colors, etc.  And I was genuinely touched that Sicman sought me out and gave me a shirt.  

Where do you get "home kitchen sauce"?  If there's an archive, go find that.  I made a few constructive opinions to folks that I thought were open to it (for their business).  

I grow peppers, make hot sauce, salsa, etc.... eat everything with chiles.  I thought this site was up my alley.  If I'm not welcome, I'll graciously desist.

image.jpeg

Well, I hope you went to the event.  I enjoyed meeting you and visiting with you.  I haven't been back to Zestfest or the NM hot sauce show.  Not worth the expense.  Evan and I went to the California Hot Sauce Expo this past summer selling Pure Evil.  It was a lot closer, we were able to drive down to Los Angeles and make a good bit of money.  I saw a lot of other great companies listed at the Zestfest show, so I hope you went and had some fun.

Yup, the Defcon Crew is in the same boat. WAY too much money to to Zest Fest or that one in NM. A bunch of shows opened up in the tri-state area in the last couple of years, so it has kept us quite busy. 

It was a blast. Awesome time. Tried some good stuff and some horrible nasty stuff. Pig dinner was good too.

Back