12 most common beer myths

MrArboc said:
Sickmont - I liked your last avatar better. It wasn't as sick:-) But the new one does fit well in this thread.

I liked the really old avatar. Did you know that his current one is actually him?

imaguitargod said:
Your safe RB.....have I mentioned we've only seen face shots of you yet? There's no long shots.

5' 2", a size 6 (think that's a size 2 in the US).

MrArboc said:
I dod not know that. Now I'm going to try to forget it!;)

It's not really him, or is it? No my SM might be a bit of a p*sshead but I can't see him dressing up in a santa outfit.

* I bet he'd look good in one though *

rainbowberry said:
It's not really him, or is it? No my SM might be a bit of a p*sshead but I can't see him dressing up in a santa outfit.

* I bet he'd look good in one though *

Thanks. But yeah, you'll never see me in one of those outfits. And no, it's not me. I don't do Wild Turkey.

MrArboc said:
“Beer before liquor, never sicker - liquor before beer, in the clear”

I actually believe this one. Why you ask? If you have a belly full of beer you can drink a lot more liquor before you feel the effects of the alcohol - and by then you might already have had to much.

Drink the liquor first until you get a good buzz and keep the buzz going with beer.
When I used to drink alot I used to beable to drink quite a bit and mix them in all kinds of different orders of consumption. I could easily drink quite a bit of beer and go over to Jameson on the rocks, or even shots. However, I do have a cast iron stomach though and I'm probably not the norm:lol:

Also, I've had Guinness in Ireland and I really did think it tasted better..HOWEVER, some of the reasoning behind it (Most of it probably.) was that I was in Iraq and other than when I was on leave at home for a couple weeks several months prior I didn't have a beer in ages. EVERY beer tasted soooooo goood then!!:) This is making me want to drink some beer tonight now:lol:

The whole canoe thing should read "American Lager" not american beer.

And believe it or not, Miller Lite is a pretty damn true to style helles munich......a very german recipe.

American craft beer is available just about anywhere in the US, and homebrewing is very much alive and more innovative than ever.

cheezydemon said:
The whole canoe thing should read "American Lager" not american beer.

And believe it or not, Miller Lite is a pretty damn true to style helles munich......a very german recipe.

American craft beer is available just about anywhere in the US, and homebrewing is very much alive and more innovative than ever.

I will admit that I really enjoy Sam Adams beers!;):cool: There's definitely good American beer out there too. However, sometimes when I go to the German restaurant my Grandma used to love. (She was half German.) I always try beers that I don't even know what they are. I tried a dark dinkel something last time I was there. That was GOOOOOOD!!! I actually really enjoy good rich beer, but I must admit I don't keep up on all of it. I know good taste though. Some American beer is actually quite good as well. However, I'm not a fan of alot of the mainstream ones. My top 5 favorite beers that I drink on a more frequent basis is (Readily accessible) New Castle, Labatt Blue, Guiness, Sam Adams Boston Lager, and Sam Adams Cherry wheat.(Not all American, but two were.) I have some others that I've tried that I do in fact like more, but they were usually beers from a local brewery that were unique or German beers. (Like I said I don't keep track of all the names:lol:) There's a stout I really enjoy at brewery up in Oscoda MI as well, but I can't remember the name. :oops:

rabbit said:
My top 5 favorite beers that I drink on a more frequent basis is (Readily accessible) New Castle, Labatt Blue, Guiness, Sam Adams Boston Lager, and Sam Adams Cherry wheat.(Not all American, but two were.)

Thats a very respectable list there, rabbit. For me personally i'd prolly change the regular Sam Adams for one of the caribbean lagers i consume a lot of, like Carib or Kalik.

rabbit said:
I will admit that I really enjoy Sam Adams beers!;):cool: There's definitely good American beer out there too. However, sometimes when I go to the German restaurant my Grandma used to love. (She was half German.) I always try beers that I don't even know what they are. I tried a dark dinkel something last time I was there. That was GOOOOOOD!!! I actually really enjoy good rich beer, but I must admit I don't keep up on all of it. I know good taste though. Some American beer is actually quite good as well. However, I'm not a fan of alot of the mainstream ones. My top 5 favorite beers that I drink on a more frequent basis is (Readily accessible) New Castle, Labatt Blue, Guiness, Sam Adams Boston Lager, and Sam Adams Cherry wheat.(Not all American, but two were.) I have some others that I've tried that I do in fact like more, but they were usually beers from a local brewery that were unique or German beers. (Like I said I don't keep track of all the names:lol:) There's a stout I really enjoy at brewery up in Oscoda MI as well, but I can't remember the name. :oops:

There's a great brewery in Kalamazoo, MI too. Bell's makes some really good beers.

Back