• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

2 peppers from a local farm

They had both labeled "Habanero" I'm pretty sure the orange/red ones are a version but they're not as hot as I'm told red habaneros should be?

IMG-20121013-00229_zps045cdf8f.jpg

IMG-20121013-00231_zps8c1e1863.jpg

Top pepper looks a lot like a carribean red. The bottom could be somekind of golden or yellow habanero. They will grow long like that or could be a long variety. With the weather getting cold,and damper,pods are going to decrease in heat. Could you get a pic of the top of the stem on the red variety? It might not even be a chinense. Hard to tell.

I bought some over summer and they didn't seem as hot as I expected them to be. I want to get some more to make more sauce but these are useless now they have no heat/flavor so I'm just saving the seeds. Carribean red huh? I think I can get some of those pods

Thanks!

I have seen carribean red in this area,that is why I metioned it. Still not a big craze around here so seeing anything rare is well....rare. I will get you more pods next week. I am out of town right now.

The yellow one could be what burpee sells around here called "Lemon Hot" I grew them last year. I will get you some pics later. Look similar to fatalii.

That's fine, I'm gone until next Saturday for work. I still have to get your garlic sauce out in the mail too tomorrow I needed more boxes.

Whatever the red ones are they have amazing flavor/aroma and a good bit of heat to them, I use 8 in each batch of my sauce and they taste great. Now all I get is bitter tomato sauce when I try to use them and they don't smell nearly as strong so I need to find anohter source until next year.

A google search brought these up as Red Savinas:

the red pic does look a lot like a caribbean red, got a plant with pods 3 feet from where i am sitting; i find red savina and red habaneros have the classic orange habanero dimples.

i would bet the yellow is a datil, my fatalii have more rinkles or dimples and shapely humps.

the red pic does look a lot like a caribbean red, got a plant with pods 3 feet from where i am sitting; i find red savina and red habaneros have the classic orange habanero dimples.

i would bet the yellow is a datil, my fatalii have more rinkles or dimples and shapely humps.

I would guess datils as well and my caribbean reds have more folds than that

Back