3rd season in and running into problems!

Hi, as a first in my introduction I'd like to let you know that I'm mainly here for a current problem that is causing me to panic.

But apart from that I'm on my third season and had great success my first year with generic chilifruits I began my journey into second season with the hotter ones in mind and mainly a Bhut Jolokia. With the hottest summer in Sweden last year I was quite disappointed to find that I failed to nurture my plants into exactly 0 fruits. So when this summer rolled around after a decent overwinter inside I was prepared with some more advanced stuff for a newbie like me. Here I was pruning stuff for the first time, making me worried about screwing them up, even getting some feeding(?) for them. I went a little overboard with the amount of plants for my small glass balcony but it still made me excited to see them grow even bigger and stronger. This year have been a success compared to the last season and my plants have given me some sweet fruits.

Apart from my one Bhut Jolokia I have other plants which are not that hot but still growing strong!

Best regards Kris

Sounds like you're doing great!

ievnneW.jpg

According to some, pruning is not a productive activity. I too am on my 3rd season, and this year, after "topping" and pruning the last two, quit the practice. I found there to be no improvement in growth or production, in fact my overwinters are doing much better than the last two seasons combined.

Let go and let God...

And welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Back