• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

A, B, C strains

Hey guys.

During the unhealthy amount of research I do when I'm obsessed with something (be it beer, brewing, cooking, tea and of course chillies) I've seen a lot of talk about strains.

I couldn't find another thread on this, so my bad if there is one and a redirect would not be taken in any way offensive.

So I see stuff pop up like I.e hp**## A, B or C strain.

Can anyone help explain this code for me?

I'm fairly new to all this, but it's a bad habit of mine to learn as much as I can for stuff that interests me, despite the fact no one I talk to in daily life could care less if I ever repeated it.

Much appreciated. Cheers!

The hp22b is the name of the pepper and I believe the letter proceeding it indicates the generation but I'm no expert. The hp22b A also know as the Carolina Reaper pepper is the stable one you can purchase seeds for. I believe the other strains like the b, c, death, are still unstable strains. There is also a thread on here about the hp22b, hope this helps a little.

The hp22b is the name of the pepper and I believe the letter proceeding it indicates the generation but I'm no expert. The hp22b A also know as the Carolina Reaper pepper is the stable one you can purchase seeds for. I believe the other strains like the b, c, death, are still unstable strains. There is also a thread on here about the hp22b, hope this helps a little.

The "b" strain is stable?

I think we are all still deciding if its stable.

A B and C are only associated with that strain, and it has no offical significance that is transferable to other strains.

Understanding various ID numbers can be tricky to understand unless your the one to make the number up.
I don't have info needed, but PepperJoe would be able to tell you just what they mean as the hp22b is his baby along with the others I beleave.

Back