• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

A joke

Well that didn't seem to go well.

"I've got the conch!"
Perhaps in the future, leave it all in the appropriate threads? Play hard, be passionate, and carry no grudges forward... Better for one's mental health. Also, there's far better "joke" tellers around here. :)

I found that my forum experience was and is greatly enhanced by ignoring posts of people whose personality defects detract from the integrity, quality and accuracy of the forum.

It is a wonderful function.

It allows me to eliminate the garbage postings from people who cannot have a mature intelligent discussion.

After all if a person isn't capable of a mature, rational and intelligent discussion I would not bother to speak to them or listen to them in real life.

Being able to put them on ignore and just move on without allowing them to undermine the quality of a discussion has made my forum experience much better.

Good on you, man!  Not all of us are capable of functionally interacting with different types of people.  It's good that you know your limitations. :)
It's also not terrible to be receptive to feedback, and incorporate it into one's personal development - even if one doesn't acknowledge it publicly. Assuming that one is interested in such things (as personal growth).  But I've met more than one person in my time who feels that their journey is complete ;)
Personally, I can't fathom the "ignore" function.  That would imply that whom I disagree with on one matter today, I will disagree with on all future matters.  For me, not being able to have a disagreement to advance a discussion - even when it's passionate - just isn't compatible with the notion of a life well-lived.
To each his own!

Back