spirits advise me on tequila

My guide to choosing an excellent Tequila is ensuring that it's produced from 100% De Agave (translated - It's made exclusively with the blue agave plant). Cuervo is acceptable (had plenty of it in college) and is alright to mix drinks with, but once I became a self proclaimed fine connoisseur of Tequila I did some research and found that Lunazul is excellent and cheap. Patron is also very nice but pricey.

mrs. blues and I made a trip to Costco yesterday. Didn't see any of the Kirkland stuff but picked up a bottle of the Cazadores Reposado for $29 shekels. Good stuff at a great price!

That stuff Sammy Hagar (can't drive 55) makes, Cabo Wabo, also isn't a bad sip.
Expensive, though. Paid 50 bucks for a bottle of it.

You know I have had that several times, and I just don't like it. I don't know what it is about it, I know it is quality, just something about the taste. Herradura is another one that is popular and I know THP is a fan, but it's just not for me. I love El Tesoro and Don Julio though.

thehotpepper.com said:
Herradura
Don Julio

Both of these, as well as Don Edwardo are my favorites, but I don't destroy tequila like that in a margarita though they make a great one. When porfidio was around I liked it as well, but haven't seen it in a long time.

For Margaritas I use Sauza Conmemorativo or Hornitos. They don't have that Agave Vomit taste that Cuervo has to me. Jose just tastes wrong for some reason, like it's been filtered through armpit hair before bottling.

Back