• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

Ahhhhh, the rain, the rain; it won't stop...

Bloody hell, it's been raining for weeks every day. The typhoons are relentless and drowning my producing, potted plants. Argh!
The ones in the ground are doing much better, but too young to put out more than a little/few pods.
We're going through the worst flooding in 50 years! Argh! And that's after the hottest summer in 60 years! Argh!
Sorry, just had to have my bitching moment! It's just unbelievable; I've been here 8 years and never seen anything like this! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Okay, I'm better now. It's just, after the super hot summer I thought things would get better. I've been supplying a restaurant in Bangkok with pods and I haven't delivered one in 2 weeks.
But I did make some good jelly. :)

My area only got "side swiped". Five days of rain. Nothing serious. Annoyed by the bad weather.

Hope you guys are ok too over there.

Wow what a story! It rained here 3 days and I was mad, I think I need to suck it up and go make some jelly!

I feel sorry for you guys!
Yesterday we had one day of a sudden downpour and gusty winds and some of my tomato plants were blown over but they are alright and the weather is good again.
You really take it for granted when its good. Sucks when it goes bad.

I have friends(Flowerhorn breeders and hobbyists) in Malay,Spore, Indo and Thailand. They have told me stories of the rainy season and WOW! :eek:

I have shown them picture of snowstorms here and they said they will take the rain :rofl: :crazy:

We're down in the 30F's here tonight. It's been raining off and on today, and we had a break, but just a few moments ago it started up again. This time, however, I heard klack! klack! klack! on the window - hail?!? Noooooooooo!!!!!

Hmm - memories of having to rip up carpet and drywall from hurricanes and/or flooding in Houston, vs. feet of snow, hail, sleet, ice...... isn't there somewhere habitable on this planet that doesn't have some sort of garbage to deal with???

rather have rain than hail. much much more destructive. in the 30 years (almost) that i have lived, i've only experienced hail on 3 occassions in my country.

Well, in Malaysia there was NO rain for 1.5 weeks already. i'd think Megi sucked up all the rain from Malaysia and dumped it into Thailand and Philipines!
LOL

Well, in Malaysia there was NO rain for 1.5 weeks already. i'd think Megi sucked up all the rain from Malaysia and dumped it into Thailand and Philipines!
LOL

dude, you can have the rest of the rain in my country, i don't want it anymore. having a hard time to make my plants set fruit. lol. darn humidity.

2 weeks ago my plants started to produce flowers.. but due to the daily rains plus typhoons, no pods developed, all opened flowers dropped.. is there another typhoon coming? nice. :crazy:

Our days are dry, but high humidity, and then evening comes and with it a downpour that lasts for hours. This has been a pattern for weeks now.

siling_labuyo Boy, I hope your wrong about another typhoon. Argh! Noooooooo...

What is going on with this weather!?

Where I am they call sunny Queensland.... ha! Not that we have had a huge amount of rain here in Brisbane but crappy cloudy weather persisting days on end are bad enough! Lately we have been getting a day or two of sun then a week of clouds.... over and over.

well according to the weather forecast, the typhoon forming isn't gonna hot my country. as far as they know. oh well. earlier this morning they said it was gonna come through here. talk about bad forecasting.

Sometimes I think "now how can I get a job where I can be so wrong such a high percentage of the time, yet still keep my job???" In much of the work I do, accuracy is absolutely critical, so sometimes the idea of becoming a weather forecaster is rather appealing....

While you guys are being drenched, in SW Ohio, we have not had a soaking rain since early August. By soaking, I mean more than 1/10 of an inch. We went from three inches above average at the end of June to ten inches below in the middle of October.

Mike

Back