free Aji Cito seeds Free For SASBE

Oct 8 2011 EDIT: *** OFFER NOW CLOSED ***
Well on my first day here I got on 2 free SASBE offerings, so on my second day here figured I'd start repaying all you great THP people. My current pepper selection is meager compared to many of you but what I have I'm definitely willing to share.

Pepper was open pollinated, didn't really see too many insects on them but FYI other peppers I grew were: Fatalii, Peruvian Purple, Plain old orange habanero.

I purchased this plant in a 3" start from the Santa Clara County Master Gardeners. Here is their description:

Aji Cito (OP) C. baccatum Popular South American variety. Pods are tapered, about 2" long by 1/2" wide. The shiny, greenish yellow fruit ripen to orange. Consume fresh or dried. Heat: 7 out of 10 Origin: Bolivia

I'd classify it at about Serrano heat level and very tasty. It is very thin walled so very easy to string these up and air dry. I love using them flaked up on my pizza. It was my most aggressive grower easily 2x any other pepper I grew. Fruits start of a pale green/yellow and mature to a mid orange Here are some pictures.

IMG_1365.jpg by SlowRolling, on Flickr

IMG_1366.jpg by SlowRolling, on Flickr

Please post to the thread then PM me for address, since this is my first rodeo here I'm going to limit it to US only at first, if that goes of smoothly I'll open it up.

Oct 8 2011 EDIT: *** OFFER NOW CLOSED ***

hey that is cool!! sound familiar too lol :lol:

it may not be Aji Amarillo they look more like Peru 499388
it looks too short to be Aji Amarillo but dont worry its a mistake my friend made also as well as myself at first

how long are they exactly? that can help determine what they are
then again i dosnt matter too much there free :lol:

im growing both this year, in flavor its like trying to compare apples to apples
i also could be dead wrong
i wanted to say that what your doing is excellent!!

keep it it up :dance:

thanks your friend Ajijoe

I'll take some close up pictures with a ruler tonight to help out our pepper sleuths, I just copy pasted the description from the people I bought the start from, but they are definitely smaller than 5"

I'll take some close up pictures with a ruler tonight to help out our pepper sleuths, I just copy pasted the description from the people I bought the start from, but they are definitely smaller than 5"

great i was a little curious as Aji's are some of my top fav :cool:

thanks your friend Joe

it is Aji Cito not Aji Amarillo
Cito is Spanish for little bit and it is the little version of the Aji Amarillo and has the same flavor
it is not stout enough to be Peru 499388

hope this was helpful

thanks your friend Joe

it is Aji Cito not Aji Amarillo
Cito is Spanish for little bitand it is the little version of the Aji Amarillo and has the same flavor
it is not stout enough to be Peru 499388

hope this was helpful

thanks your friend Joe
Ajijoe is The man!

:D nice to have this guy around :)

Wow you nailed it Joe, I googled the description of Aji Cito and it describes this plant to a T right down to it's ridiculous "prolificness" if that's even a word. Will clear over 250 pods on this bad boy by the end of the season. Changing the title of this thread.

Tasty, prolific and early?
I'm in. love to try growing some of these.
thanks for the offer.

IMG_1366.jpg by SlowRolling, on Flickr

Please post to the thread then PM me for address, since this is my first rodeo here I'm going to limit it to US only at first, if that goes of smoothly I'll open it up.
[/quote]

Wow you nailed it Joe, I googled the description of Aji Cito and it describes this plant to a T right down to it's ridiculous "prolificness" if that's even a word. Will clear over 250 pods on this bad boy by the end of the season. Changing the title of this thread.
glad i could help just look at my name and you will see i love my Aji'S :lol: :D

your welcome and thanks your friend Joe

Great offer, I'll be keeping this in mind for the 2013 season as 2012 is already filled completly.

Nice offer Slowrolling

offer is still available :)

Several people have signed up for these but I have plenty of seeds so I'll keep it open till this coming weekend.

Back