• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs Harvest #8 - 08-02-09

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
The hot first of July has taken its toll on pepper production...three weeks over 100 simply stopped pod set....last week, we got a break with the highs in the low 90s so I hope some of the flowers set fruit...this coming week we are in for a typical August...hot and dry, hot and dry, hot and dry....I will now be patient, trying to keep the plants alive from now until September when the weather cools back off a bit...it was this time last year I lost about 75 plants to root rot from overwatering...bottoms of the pots were like wet mud but the tops were bone dry (lesson learned, check your moisture deep, from the bottom if possible)...

OK...enough rambling...to todays harvest...

Size has gone down appreciably from last week...only 6.8 lbs...

Log

Harvest8Weights08-02-09.jpg

here's a pretty good shot....and yes, with the obligatory alcohol shot....Sunday morning Margarita

080209a003-1.jpg

hope all of you have a great Sunday....

AlabamaJack said:
The hot first of July has taken its toll on pepper production...three weeks over 100 simply stopped pod set....last week, we got a break with the highs in the low 90s so I hope some of the flowers set fruit...this coming week we are in for a typical August...hot and dry, hot and dry, hot and dry....I will now be patient, trying to keep the plants alive from now until September when the weather cools back off a bit...it was this time last year I lost about 75 plants to root rot from overwatering...bottoms of the pots were like wet mud but the tops were bone dry (lesson learned, check your moisture deep, from the bottom if possible)...

OK...enough rambling...to todays harvest...

Size has gone down appreciably from last week...only 6.8 lbs...

Log

Harvest8Weights08-02-09.jpg

here's a pretty good shot....and yes, with the obligatory alcohol shot....Sunday morning Margarita

080209a003-1.jpg

hope all of you have a great Sunday....

That is a huge pile of Nagas

Mmmm love me some Sunday Margaritas. But I am out of tequila, DAMN!

That right therer is 10 TIMES more than I'll see all year from a harvest AJ. Serious. :( Wish I could have such a 'slow' week. :) Good job.

It's a pretty weak year pepper-wise for me.

Chris

thanks Gents...things are going pretty nice this year...can't complain...bugs are leaving me alone except the occasional horn worm...

I decided to go do a little analysis work and some graphing...

here is last years vs this years graphs...I didn't think I was but I am ahead of last years total at this time....50 lbs vs 44 lbs...

2008-2009HarvestComparison08-02-09.jpg

JayT....what in the world are you doing out of TEQUILA? :shocked::(

Chris...it's got to be you "northern" guys weather...

Interesting graph AJ, what are the numbers on the left? Lbs? If last years trends follow the way they have so far you can expect a big upturn soon. Oh and the Tequila, haven't been drinking much at home lately. I plan on changing that today however. I do have two bottles of vodka and a couple cases of beer. I have some beer chilling as we speak.

Hope you get a bigger spike in October this year than last AJ. Best of luck with the heat. Feel free to send some our way.

JayT said:
Interesting graph AJ, what are the numbers on the left? Lbs? If last years trends follow the way they have so far you can expect a big upturn soon. Oh and the Tequila, haven't been drinking much at home lately. I plan on changing that today however. I do have two bottles of vodka and a couple cases of beer. I have some beer chilling as we speak.

Yes sir, those are pounds on the left for the vertical axis...I don't know what the plants are going to do for the month of August...I have an awful lot of flowers open and hopefully am getting some fruit set...who knows...only time will tell..

understand about the drinking at home...I have cut way back myself..

patrick said:
Hope you get a bigger spike in October this year than last AJ. Best of luck with the heat. Feel free to send some our way.

thanks Patrick...I would love a bigger spike in October this year...

Looking good AJ.

Weather has been rain here for the past four days and finally just a light shower today. Hope you get some of this water to cool it off a bit.

Back