• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs Harvest #9 08-06-08

Hotpeppa said:
What do you do with so many peppers AJ... do you make sauces or just eat them all up yourself......

Most of the peppers will be dehydrated and bagged in quart ziplock bags, then used to make powder with when the need arises or rehydrated and used in chili, soups, cooking, etc...

some of them go for salsa and pico di gallo...I have yet to try and make my first sauce...

thats great man !.....

you have given me some inspiration Alabama... i think i will record what i do in some kinda log book..this is my first season...maybe i can learn from my mistakes and others here...lol

season one:

5 bhuts
5 red savina

small first season but looking forward to the next as i purchased a sht load of seeds from Neil ( the hippy seed company ...

im looking for a good green house as well... something not to expensive, perhaps portable or easy to set up... any ideas would be great..thanks

I would recommend growing a variety of heat levels so you can mix and match the heat....those two you have growing there are on the extreme end...

I started growing chili peppers for one reason...I wanted to make my own chili powder from scratch...using ingredients from my garden...I can control the color of the powder, taste, and heat using a variety of peppers...still haven't found what I am looking for so far in the taste department, but am getting close...

for instance...the anaheims are more of an orangeish/red color that I am growing, the Pasillo Bajios are very dark brown, and the NuMex Sandias are almost burgandy...I can darken down the color of my chili using more Pasillos or I can deepen the red using the NuMex Sandias...you get my drift...

AlabamaJack said:
I would recommend growing a variety of heat levels so you can mix and match the heat....those two you have growing there are on the extreme end...

I started growing chili peppers for one reason...I wanted to make my own chili powder from scratch...using ingredients from my garden...I can control the color of the powder, taste, and heat using a variety of peppers...still haven't found what I am looking for so far in the taste department, but am getting close...

for instance...the anaheims are more of an orangeish/red color that I am growing, the Pasillo Bajios are very dark brown, and the NuMex Sandias are almost burgandy...I can darken down the color of my chili using more Pasillos or I can deepen the red using the NuMex Sandias...you get my drift...

totally get you Alabama... very interesting...

i think i may use whatever i dont eat and turn it into a powder..thats a great idea... i get what you mean about wanting to change the colour and perhaps some flavour of powders..most that i have tried have been pretty boring, and look very boring..lol

how about green houses :?: do you know of any good sites for some decent portable ones at a fair price :?:

Back