• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

harvesting AJs Harvest # 9 08-09-09

AlabamaJack

Extreme Member
the numbers are really down...only 4 pounds this weekend and next week doesn't look much brighter...however, the plants are loaded with flowers and very young peppers so by the end of the month (weather permitting) I should start to see things pick up....

List

Harvest9List08-09-09.jpg

Picture

080909a002.jpg

That's still a pretty decent harvest AJ, especially considering how many you've already picked. I'm going to try to pick a 100 or two tomorrow morning while it's still cool. Supposed to be 99F here on Monday - ouch! I still have plenty of pods to ripen, but the new flowers have sure slowed down. October will probably rock though.

amen to October BigT

looks like good stuff. and at least you're getting a harvest! I would love to be picking peppers at this point. damn rain. I think we had our first week of sun all summer just last week. Well under 30 Celcius as well up until today.

thanks all...now I am going to have to try and figure out what creative thing I can make out of these...

AlabamaJack said:
thanks all...now I am going to have to try and figure out what creative thing I can make out of these...

You could "make" a few of us very happy by sharing.....:P;)

Are the banana peppers the green ones in the front middle? Will they ripen to red?

AlabamaJack said:
...now I am going to have to try and figure out what creative thing I can make out of these...

Nice pods AJ, that colorful assortment would make some beautiful jars of pickled peppers.

I've been putting it off and need to get mine picked again and think I'll pickle another 1/2 gal jar if I have enough.

imaguitargod said:
Maybe a hat or a underware?

well those suggestions were not considered so I will have to rethink things... :lol:

patrick said:
Are the banana peppers the green ones in the front middle? Will they ripen to red?

If I leave them on the bush long enough the will Patrick...will have to take a pic of some I picked about two weeks ago that have started to turn...

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice pods AJ, that colorful assortment would make some beautiful jars of pickled peppers.

I've been putting it off and need to get mine picked again and think I'll pickle another 1/2 gal jar if I have enough.

I have not pickled any yet this year and these are definitely on the list...I have 32 oz calcium chloride I need to experiment with...

Back