Another Newbie

Hi Folks,

My name is Patrick and I found this site just recently and thought I might pick a few brains and get some insight on growing habaneros.

I have to confess that I'm not a huge fan of eating the hot stuff but I do love growing it. An added bonus is how beautiful the plants are. If you've never seen a habanero plant with orange fruit covering most of it you're missing one of the prettiest things on the planet.

Patrick

Welcome! Think about eating them too ;)

Welcome from Fort Worth

welcome to the boards patrick. glad you decided to sign up. there are lots of really knowledgeable people here when it comes to growing peppers and making sauces/food.

Welcome Patrick!

I don't munch the really hot peppers like most of these crazy people do, I prefer the more moderate ones. I use the hot ones for cooking. And I agree that they're beautiful plants. Try a Trinidad Perfume pepper sometime, it looks like a Christmas tree covered in yellow ornaments.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Like I said I'm not really into the heat but I do like the flavor that the different types of peppers can add to cooking. Plus the smells. When you drop a couple of diced peppers and onions onto a hot skillet with the butter bubbling there are few smells that compare.

I believe I'll do some wandering around the site and see what is what. Thanks again for the warm welcome folks.

Back