• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

food Any hot sauce good on steak?

Hate to blow my own trumpet but My Smokey Jolokia steak sauce is wicked on steak and BBQ's. It's made with Bhut Jolokia and Chipotles as well as some apple, sultanas,onion and spices.

Are you looking for a hot steak sauce, bbq sauce, or just any hot sauce that goes well with beef? Likely something milder than a serrano?:)

For a great throw together steak sauce combine the following:1cup any steak sauce(A-1,Heinz57 or whatever),1/4cup whiskey,and 1tbl. fatalli hot sauce.I've been eating this for years!

For a great throw together steak sauce combine the following:1cup any steak sauce(A-1,Heinz57 or whatever),1/4cup whiskey,and 1tbl. fatalli hot sauce.I've been eating this for years!

going to have to give that a shot it sounds good
I use Fatalli Fire mixed with blu-cheese...it's great

I also use it as a dip for pizza

I like Alberta Crude by Hatari Bros. on steak. However, I normally just put a bit of seasoning on first and grill and eat. No sauce.

Good steaks need no sauce. Maybe some au poivre. Definitely not the variety you find in the supermarket that just covers up the steak!

Paulky is a man after my own heart...no need for steak sauce....

but...if you want it...I like the A1 mixed with some of my puree...

I dare someone to put something on a steak I grilled...... :eek:

Ahmen to that! My wife used to put A1 on her steaks...until we got together of course. Though i do occasionally enjoy my steak(medium rare) with a bit of horseradish on the side, gives it a nice kick.

For goods steak I only use salt and pepper and sometimes some Montreal steak spice, but I sure like a good steak sauce on cheaper steaks. I've always been a fan of A1 but I usually like to add a little extra spice to it

A really good cut of meat can stand on its own! Unfortunately beef doesn't have much natural "heat" to it so I add my own sauce
made with ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice,& a little salt. I used to be a big fan of A1, but I haven't bought
a bottle in years since I made my own!

Outside of the seasoning I use when grilling.....

the ONLY thing I'd allow on my steaks afterwards is.....a little melted butter.

But the horseradish idea is a good one!

Back