• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

any suggestions on what to do w/ this hab?

hi all. new to the site and pretty new to growing. love all the content and info here.

i live in zone 6b and recently rescued this poor little habenero plant from one of the local nurserys. sadly it was the best of the bunch. there had been a lot of rain for the area when i picked it up and i'm guessing it had been outside for most of it. it was really soggy.

i potted it in a 2 gal about 2 weeks ago w/ pretty much a square foot gardening style mixture and i've hit it twice w/ a 5-1-1 fish fert. no aphids or other critters are visibile on it at the moment. it's getting some of its color back, but seems like it has a long way to go.

any suggestions on what may help nurse it to better health? there's an awful lot of leaves on the top that don't look that great (shriveled from maybe aphid damage?). should i consider removing them, feed it something different, or just let nature take its course?

temporary-17.jpg

thanks!

Might I suggest giving it some calcium and magnesium?

Cal/mag might be the best otc solution, but on a budget you can give it some egg shells, and epsom salts (magnesium sulfphate).

Also, underwater it...

Back