• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anybody else here a gearhead?

IMG_0079s.jpg

cars on display in the historic car tent. first one is a mercedes benz 190 SL.

IMG_0080s.jpg

other isle in the same tent. mostly MGs up front.

IMG_0082s.jpg

early to mid 60s lotus 23B

IMG_0083s.jpg

1972 porsche 911 S

IMG_0089s.jpg

70something 935 K3, i think based on a 911 turbo..but not sure.

IMG_0092s.jpg

lola race car.

IMG_0099s.jpg

ford gt w/ gt frame in the back ground. that tent back there was set up by a person or group that is trying to raise funding to build a le mans car based on the ford gt. would be pretty cool to see that happen and get to see a rematch of ford vs. ferrari.

IMG_0102s.jpg

corvette Z06 and audi TT pace cars.

IMG_0126s.jpg

porsche gt3 cup car in the paddock area.

IMG_0129s.jpg

panoz esperante in the paddock also during the 12 hour race.

IMG_0131s.jpg

cadillac ctsv race car cruising down the paddock lane. those cars are very fast and had to take some weight penalties or power restrictions to level the field in their class.

IMG_0134s.jpg

panoz esperante in street form.

IMG_0176s.jpg

IMG_0177s.jpg

porsche rs spyder prototype.

IMG_0181s.jpg

ferrari f430

IMG_0195s.jpg

audi r10. these cars are amazing! they are very fast and are the only diesel entries in the le mans series. turbo diesels at that. they sound really cool...almost faint. if one of the corvettes is near it, you won't even hear the audi. if no other cars are around it, you can hear the tire noise, the turbos, and some faint engine sound.

IMG_0214s.jpg

corvette c6r

IMG_0223s.jpg

ferrari f430 chasing the sole aston martin db9r down the back straight.

IMG_0229s.jpg

corvette c6r on display.

IMG_0242s.jpg

acura nsx corral.

IMG_0262s.jpg

shelby cobra replicars

IMG_0474s.jpg

engine in a different cobra replicar. looks awesome...the front of the engine is just behind the front axle...very nice!

IMG_0264s.jpg

mercedes benz sl65

IMG_0473s.jpg

another police checkpoint..this one is a little different though heh.

IMG_0310s.jpg

acura prototype about to pass a porsche gt3 or rsr. the porsches are confusing to tell apart.

IMG_0326s.jpg

the winning audi r10 in the lead. you can tell he is number one in his class because of the single light being on out of the three. 2 for second, 3 for third (obvious i know heh) and none are on for anything after that. there are different colors for each class, and there are four separate classes racing at one time in the le mans series races.

IMG_0328s.jpg

corvette c6r also in the lead for its class..wound up winning its class, and even beating some cars in classes or at least one class ahead of it.

IMG_0378s.jpg

porsche gt3 rsr with some body damage in the rear. this picture and the next one i will post were using a different setting and i was trying to capture the motion since the other pics look sorta still. unfortunately i guess i have to play with the settings some more to fine tune it for better pics. any photographers have any advice? it looks over exposed to me i guess (i'm still learning all this stuff on my own)

IMG_0411s.jpg

second picture where i tried to show a blurry background with cars in focus. aston martin db9r closing in on a porsche gt3.

IMG_0481s.jpg

night shot of one of the bridges on the front straight and the leader board.

IMG_0555s.jpg

overall winner of the 12 hours of sebring: audi r10

IMG_0562s.jpg

gt2 class winner: ferrari f430 gt

thats it. i have a ton of other pictures..but those are some of the better ones, and also lots of pics are repeated subjects.

thanks...i just wish my night and "motion" pictures came out better. in now way do i want to try and blame my lens..its not exactly the best lens for the situation. at the same time, i'm still an amateur photographer at best. fortunately, i've noticed improvement each time i go. :drooling:

of course...i took about 530 photos! i deleted a lot of them before even going through and picking out which were decent..its tough to manually focus with subjects moving so fast heh. once you get them into focus in one spot...you have to catch it there in that same spot..same angle and all that to have it still be in focus. then theres all kinds of crap for the auto focus to get confused by..so in the end i take a LOT of pics and narrow it down to the better ones.

moar pics!

went to the tampa international auto show last night..parking was hell, but it was worth it in the end. here's a bunch of pics i took.

eclipse concept.
IMG_4107s.jpg

IMG_4108s.jpg

XKR
IMG_4110s.jpg

Back