• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Anyone here really versed on dyslexia?

I'm adult diagnosed ADHD- if I get in a hurry I get all the letters and numbers mixed up- but I've always been a bad typist.

Depending on THC is not that much different than depending on Adirol or Ridilin-IMO If you have a broken leg, you may need a crutch to walk for a bit- but at some point, you are well enough that even though it hurts- you got to walk on it normally to learn to walk on it normally again.

My observation is that ADHD means my brain is wired different than "normal" people- that doesnt make me disabled- it just means I do things different- So some things come way easier to me, and some are a real challange. Organization is NOT my strong suit. So I find people who can be patient with me to help me figure out how to organize my stuff so I can keep track. Sometimes I can figure it out on my own-if I can see how to break it down.

I know someone who is severely dyslexic, and he couldnt tell you if he spelled a word right or got all the right letters in them. everyone knows and nobody gives him any trouble over it. I dont think you are really dyslexic- you are just ADD. You have good days when you are on top of everything, and bad days when you'll turn the wrong direction at every corner on the way home from work- right?

If its really gets to be a problem, a good counselor can help you with some coping skills, and they often have sliding scale for people with no insurance.

Back