• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sun Anyone use sunleaves grow bags?

+1

NOONE ?     I'm thinkin of using the white ones (3gallon size) for some ornamental peppers this next season.

How durable and reusable are they?  Part of the reason I grow in containers is the ability to move them around... if the larger sizes, say 5 gallons and up can't be dragged around, especially on abrasive concrete without ripping up, then they're not for me.  Right now my fav containers are 10 to 20 gallon polyethylene tote/storage containers with holes added to the bottom... more years of use per dollar if you catch them on sale, but not as much work as sawing in half, 55 gallon plastic drums.

I want to utilize them only for some ornamental peppers.....don't wanna fill up 5 gallon or larger containers.

Reading the reviews on Amazon, the one offered there, it is said to be very durable and able to be used more than one season.  Cost is @  .90/piece delivered for 3 gallon size.   They are white on outside and black inside.

For 5 gallon size I stick with the Walmart and Grocery Store bags for  .50 cents a piece.

How durable and reusable are they? Part of the reason I grow in containers is the ability to move them around... if the larger sizes, say 5 gallons and up can't be dragged around, especially on abrasive concrete without ripping up, then they're not for me. Right now my fav containers are 10 to 20 gallon polyethylene tote/storage containers with holes added to the bottom... more years of use per dollar if you catch them on sale, but not as much work as sawing in half, 55 gallon plastic drums.

I dont think they would be durable enough for dragging around on concrete. Maybe if you had them in a drip tray. They are quite cheap though, less than $1/bag. I have a Thai Dragon and an Odham Indian in 5-gallon grow bags in my container garden outside. I used mostly Smart Pots this year but did a couple in grow bags for comparison. I think the smart pots are better, but they are also much much more $$$. Supposedly they can be reused, I wont know until the end of the season.

My neighbor uses them..I think they are way to fragile to move around as mentioned...concrete would tear them up if dragged across ....make your own man, probably would be more durable in the end...

In a pinch situation this year, I tried some, (what I would consider very inexpensive 1 gal size grow bags linked below) They were only intended to get me through this years grow and no more. so far they have worked out very good as It appears the crop will be successful and should produce at the very least, a pod to experience.

http://www.htgsupply.com/Product-1-Gallon-Grow-Bags

Back