• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

ANYONE WITH A FRIDAY THE 13th PHOBIA?

skullbiker

Extreme Member
I personally do not have any issues with Friday the 13th but I worked with a guy that took every one of them off as he feared he would get hurt at work...i.e: a truck tractor or trailer might fall on him and squish him!

skullbiker said:
I personally do not have any issues with Friday the 13th but I worked with a guy that took every one of them off as he feared he would get hurt at work...i.e: a truck tractor or trailer might fall on him and squish him!

I have no issues with the date. News outlets keep using the"Last of the decade." for this and the recent full moon as Dec. 31st ends it and Jan. 1st the start of the 2020's.

None at all.  Just another day.

I've heard it's bad luck to walk under a ladder but I've done that.
I've heard it's bad luck to break a mirror but I've done that.
I've heard it's bad luck to..........WAIT!!!!   I do have a lot of bad luck.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

I have no issues with the date. News outlets keep using the"Last of the decade." for this and the recent full moon as Dec. 31st ends it and Jan. 1st the start of the 2020's.

Pet peeve time. You don't understand how hard it has been for me not to rip into all the post in social media I see about this.

The was no year 0 , a decade is 10 years long . A decade ends at the end of a year that ends with zero and starts on the first day of a year that ends in 1.

The earth is not flat, vaccinations aren't Evil and they landed on the f@#king moon!.

/EndRandomRant return to regular scheduled thread.

To me, Friday the 13th is a novelty and it is mildly amusing. I was surprised to find out that I work with people who are disturbed by it and that the ones who showed up were just trying not to think about it. 

skullbiker said:
LOL, I typically not overly superstitious, but for some reason Friday the 13th sort of freaks me out.  Not sure if it rises to the level ascribed as phobias, but I definitely am on alert for shenaniganry!

My wedding was on a Friday the 13th...we made it five years.  Actually not sure that was a bad thing when I consider how my life turned out :)

its just another day to me. i`m not superstitious and don`t seem to have bad luck but then again i don`t seem to have good luck either. this is why i never buy lottery tickets, because i never win anything. LOL, on the other hand i know people that seem to have good luck often. i know a guy that is very well off and bought a loaded Jeep grand cherokee when they were THE suv to have and a week later he won a loaded ford explorer. this is life and its all good! :cheers:

Ashen said:
Pet peeve time. You don't understand how hard it has been for me not to rip into all the post in social media I see about this.

The was no year 0 , a decade is 10 years long . A decade ends at the end of a year that ends with zero and starts on the first day of a year that ends in 1.
When you were 10 years old you were a decade. You lived 10 years. But you were never zero (except at birth), you had 10 birthdays 1-10.

Besides a decade just means 10 years anyway! So 1992 - 2002 is technically a decade. So even the people you call wrong are right, even if you are right. Mind blown!!!!!

Ashen: I love that 80s song...

Which one?

Ashen: I dunno, but it came out in 1990...

:lol:

Ashen said:

The Hot Pepper said:
When you were 10 years old you were a decade. You lived 10 years. But you were never zero (except at birth), you had 10 birthdays 1-10.

Besides a decade just means 10 years anyway! So 1992 - 2002 is technically a decade. So even the people you call wrong are right, even if you are right. Mind blown!!!!!

Ashen: I love that 80s song...

Which one?

Ashen: I dunno, but it came out in 1990...
Blame it on the ancients.>Neither the concept nor a symbol for zero existed in the system of Roman numerals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI5IA8assfk

Back