• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ash's Pseudo-Grow Log! (9-26-09)

Hey guys, just wanna say thanks for all the great posts. Just wanted to post a couple pics of my plants. Only trying 2 varieties for my first go at chili farming!

Siling Labuyo (I think)

Week33.jpg

Thai Rat Turds (Pring Kee new?)

RatTurdwk2.jpg

That's it for now! Maybe next spring I'll go a bit more adventurous, I just wanted to get my feet wet with these two varieties. I got the seed from pods I was eating with dinner one night. Just thought it would be cool to see if I could grow them. I'm definitely infatuated now though... gg.

Nice looking plants and photos. I hope they do well for you. I am embarrassed to admit that I have never heard of these 2 peppers. Are they rare?

peppermanbaha said:
Lovely plants .Isn't that the mouse crap pepper. i think neil made a vid on that.

Thanks! If you're talking about neil from thehippyseedcompany.com in Australia, yes he did. I guess it's the Prik Kee Noo Suan? lol here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Blyhuyo4ag

Pepperfreak said:
Nice looking plants and photos. I hope they do well for you. I am embarrassed to admit that I have never heard of these 2 peppers. Are they rare?

Thanks! I don't think they're rare, probably not as popular amongst US growers, but they are widely consumed by Viets and other Asians. My Father in-law keeps these in his pockets wherever he goes so I thought I'd help him with his addiction, as well as mine... haha.

HALP! My mother in-law just took one of my plants and pinched off the top leaves (new leaves) stating that the plants would grow bushier and produce more down the road. She told me to do that to all my plants... Is she crazy? Did she just kill one of my plants.... QQ i'm a noob so please help. Here's a pic of the plant before she ripped off the very top baby leaves and stem.

Week33.jpg

Mother in law not mad at all. It's called 'tipping'. I do however think she maybe jumped the gun and tipped too early because it is quite small. Tipping produces bushier plants without a doubt and you can tip heaps of times from all over the plant. It's best to research it or ask here before you go tipping the hell out of everything :)

Back