beer ASK WHEEBZ

He's wondering the evaperation rate with X amount swallowed and the coefficient of 80% humidity at 3AM Aussie time. duh.

Hey wheebz, advice on the Hops mead. I'm gonna use scovie's hops. 5 gallons. 'preciate it!

Scovie, I pm'd you my addy (again).

Next time I want them hand-delivered, and you guys stay for a week or so. (at least)

Hops picked and bagged... Ship tomorrow. I hope they're good.

file-44.jpg

file-45.jpg

file-46.jpg

file-47.jpg

Break for lunch...

file-48.jpg

7.5 lbs headed for FLORIDA!!!

file-50.jpg

Damn! That was fun!!!!!

Sun was shinin', tunes were jammin', buckets fillin'.....just a really neat Labor Day activity!
Kinda like picking cherries on the 4th of July! :)

....and then the wind came.....hahahaha
Chaos ensued.....;)

DAMN, I never realized hops were that big, but then I've never seen fresh hops that close up with a reference point behind it. Scovie I bet those smelled amazing and i second what Sum said. You need to build a hop forest. I tought at one time about trying to find some rizomes and trying to grow some here but I don't think they would stand a chance in a Florida summer.

nah hops + florida dont work out at all

not to mention the problem with growing them is that you need to have them sent out to get tested before you can use them for bittering hops

if you just want to use them as aroma, well then by all means go for it

9lbs DME
6oz C-60
4oz Caramunich
4oz chocolate

2tsp of each, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, clove, cinnamon, throw it in at the end of the boil, right when you turn your heat off before you whirlpool and cool down

if you wanna do the actual pumpkin as well, best way I have read is chop up a pumpkin, bake it in the oven for 20 minutes at 250, and then toss it in the fermenter for primary

ive never used real pumpkin in any pumpkin beers ive ever made

doesnt matter for bittering, shoot for like 20 IBUs, and a regular cali strain, american ale strain, would work just fine

Back