• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

back in the game, need recommendations

I've been out of the hot sauce game for years, but last night drew me back in. Let's just say it involved a certain restaurant that I frequent with my brother for all you can eat wing night. The challenge was laid down as we both love spicy foods. An order of their hottest wings, topped at 150K scoville. Signed the "release forms" and went to town. 5 wings and 3 minutes later, we both have our picture on the wall and some free merch.

This has rekindled my love for spicy. But the hot sauce world has changed drastically since I bought my first "exotic" bottle at Chili Traders some 10 years ago.

Anyway, I need some advice. I guess I can tell you what I like. My first love, and continued favorite throughout the years was Xtreme. I was just able to google it and found it is Original Juans. Although it seems only available through Juan's site themselves. I still remember walking into Chili Traders:

"Gimme the hottest you got."
*hand me a toothpick of the original Da Bomb*
"OK, give me something that actually tastes good."
*hands me Xtreme*

I was hooked.

Anyway, sorry to make this so long. Xtreme contains the following ingredients:
Hapaneros, Carrots, Garlic, Lemon and Lime Juice, Vinegar, Spices, Salt and natural Pepper Flavoring

Anything similar out there that I may like? I don't want stupid hot and I do not like molasses based sauces. Just something general purpose.

Check out wildpepper.com and cajohns.com and I'm sure they'll have something right up your alley. You can get a look at a ton of stuff out there by a bunch of manufacturers at sweatandspice.com

Back