• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Bahamian goat pod halved

Hi Guy's

I grew these for the first time this season I've found them to be one of the earliest and most productive in my little Scottish greenhouse 😍 both in pot and kratky hydroponic.

Also extremely pretty and personally hotter than scotch bonnets also the pod size has been excellent :thumbsup:

20230911_143923.jpg

My Bahamian goat pepper's...........

I got my seeds from a uk website listed as Bahamian goat pepper (Piment Bouc) which confused me as I believe the name in brackets is a Hatitian pepper ?

What do you guy's reckon a pukker Bahamian goat πŸ€” or Piment Bouc πŸ€”

Either way I very impressed by every espect of this pepper 😁

Stephen

Last edited:
Looks like my Baha's - although the colouring is slightly different, mine are more yellow

I love the color of those... really like rosΓ© champagne! How does the taste compare to a bonnet?

Last edited:
Hi Guy's

Taste wise fruity very similar to my Bonnets ........

Colour wise I'd say mine are more "Orange" than yellow but photos and light can make them look different...........
20230904_133223.jpg

In the sunshine in my hand certainly more yellow.................

20230831_132554.jpg

But more Orange on the vine ...............I've found my Kratky one and pot grown Bahamian goats to be pretty compact too :thumbsup:

In my opinion, goats are real winners. It is among my 5 favorite peppers.
The flavor is similar to that of a bonnet, but, in my opinion, it is less intense, sweeter and more complex. The two strains I have develop passion fruit nuances.
I love Bonnets, they are also real winners for me, but Bahamian goat has a less invasive flavor that I like better.
The heat is a little below the regular habanero.
The color of both my strains is apricot, very similar to Tinkerbelle. Also, the capsules are smaller than Englander's.

This year I discovered that the taste of CGN21500 is very similar.

Enjoy that my friend, I'll be back with them in 2024 😍

It is often said that the bahamian goat is in fact the same as the freeport orange scotch bonnet. I grew the freeport once and found it had a rather strong habanero-ish taste unlike the other SBs I grew back then. Is that also the case with the goat?

It is often said that the bahamian goat is in fact the same as the freeport orange scotch bonnet. I grew the freeport once and found it had a rather strong habanero-ish taste unlike the other SBs I grew back then. Is that also the case with the goat?
In my opinion, the habanero taste is the classic chinense flavor, but fruitier.
For me, the bonnet has that habanero base but its more intense, deeper, more tropical and fruitier. Its like the improved version.
For my, the Bahamian goat flavor is quite mild and resembles that of bonnet, but adding nuances of passion fruit. The goats are really sweet (the sweet stands out above all the flavors) without any bitterness, even if you eat a whole one fresh from the plant.
I have never tried SB Freeport, curiously because the people say it looks like Bahamian goat....and well, I already have Bahamian goat 🀣

PS: If you have eaten CGN21500, the taste is very similar.

Last edited:
I have some Goats, Papa Dreadie and Scotch Brains that are ripe now. I could use some ideas on how to best use them.
This is my first time growing Scotch Bonnets and am thinking fermented sauce might not be the best use.
What to do?

I made some fermented sauces with yellow SB MOA and Papa Dreadie, but I didn't notice that the SB brought any added value to the mixture. It was basically the sriracha recipe, but with SB.

I use SB and goats for tropical sauces, with fruits (mango, peach, pineapple or guava), chutney, jam or to chop it fresh on salads and other foods (grilled meat and fish).
For me, the two best things to do with Bahamian goats is mango chutney and eating them raw.

This year I tried an infusion of coconut oil with SB MOA red: the mixture was very tasty, but I can't think of many applications beyond pouring a little on desserts or other chopped tropical fruits.

Scotch bonnets and Scotch brains have a fairly powerful flavor, in my opinion, so they will be good for cooking any recipe in which you want them to take center stage and bad for any recipe in which you want another ingredient or flavor to take center stage.

Our season here ended but I froze some bags of peppers for use later. I may try adding the SB to a fermented sauce at the end just before heating and blending with fruit. I'm thinking that will preserve the SB flavor and aroma. Another experiment!

That sounds great. It is a good idea.

Remember that if you still want to ferment your SB and your Goats, you can do it with frozen pods, it only takes 1 or 2 more days to start the fermentation (depends on the rest of the ingredients)

Whatever you do, enjoy these great peppers!

Hi Guy's

I grew these for the first time this season I've found them to be one of the earliest and most productive in my little Scottish greenhouse 😍 both in pot and kratky hydroponic.

Also extremely pretty and personally hotter than scotch bonnets also the pod size has been excellent :thumbsup:

20230911_143923.jpg

My Bahamian goat pepper's...........

I got my seeds from a uk website listed as Bahamian goat pepper (Piment Bouc) which confused me as I believe the name in brackets is a Hatitian pepper ?

What do you guy's reckon a pukker Bahamian goat πŸ€” or Piment Bouc πŸ€”

Either way I very impressed by every espect of this pepper 😁

Stephen
I've got.some bahamanian goat chilli. seads comong and I aim to.grow them this year. Unfortunately, i can't verify your chilli at the moment. 😞

Back