"Beer" at work

wordwiz said:
I use to get to drink all the beer I wanted at work - I was the bartender! Also ate free - I really liked the shrimp on Fridays.

Mike

yeah Mike bartending has many benefits. Especially at 2am when the girls are drunk and you are sooooo cool and you have the keys and the means to let them stay after hours. Ummm I've heard of course. **looks around to see if little woman is around** (I've been a bartender off an on for about 15 years.)

Jay,

I have to admit, I was a good guy. I had only been married for 1-4 years when I was working and was in love (still am, 26 years later) with Linda. I behaved myself, though there were a couple of times it was hard (literally and physically!).

No regrets though. It was a small, redneck bar where everyone know everyone. The regular patrons got to know me, especially when I told one guy his wife was on the phone and he told me to tell her he wasn't there. That's exactly what I did - "He said to tell you he isn't here."

I hate people who lie to their wife.

Mike

That's a good one! I wasn't always too good, but that's where I met my Heather so it all turned out well in the end. Of course, I'm not bartending anymore. We have a little fellow and I don't like being out nights and weekends anymore.

You know, I like Miller Lite. It's cheap, it's fairly low cal, & it doesn't taste bad.

I also drink Miller Low Life on occasion.

But MGD...yeah. I totally get the swamp water comparison.

moyboy said:
Did you tell Brian your true and uncensored thoughts on the beer???
Well, he said, "Drink it 45 minutes before you close" and I said, "Heck, that stuff's so watery I could probably down it right befor eI walk out the door" and he laughted and completely agreed with me. :cool:

ImpyChick said:
You know, I like Miller Lite. It's cheap, it's fairly low cal, & it doesn't taste bad.

WHOA! Impy, where have you been!

imaguitargod said:
I keep seeing people here that moved to Germany. How easy is that? Did you become a citizen there?

Heh, it's not that easy. You have to get a residence visa, which depends on a company sponsoring your work visa. Citizenship isn't easy either - one or both of your parents must be German citizens.

A company head-hunted me while I lived in the US and convinced me to move here with my wife (and thankfully paid for all of it).

Overall, I'm very happy here, even not knowing the language yet. Only bad thing is, Germans think jalapenoes are too hot! Arghh... :lol:

- Eric

ImpyChick said:

Nice! Another fellow low life drinker.

elequin said:
Heh, it's not that easy. You have to get a residence visa, which depends on a company sponsoring your work visa. Citizenship isn't easy either - one or both of your parents must be German citizens.

A company head-hunted me while I lived in the US and convinced me to move here with my wife (and thankfully paid for all of it).

Overall, I'm very happy here, even not knowing the language yet. Only bad thing is, Germans think jalapenoes are too hot! Arghh... :lol:

- Eric
Thanks for the info!

ImpyChick said:
You know, I like Miller Lite. It's cheap, it's fairly low cal, & it doesn't taste bad.QUOTE]

MMMMMMMMMMM! Doesn't taste BAD!

That sounds good! I'll have that!:lol:

That is what so many misguided people think. " I want an ice cold beer that I can't taste!"

I'm not talking about you impy, I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you drink good beer too!:lol:

Back