Bud Light?

Sorry guys. I've had my fair share. But gimme a break- if you're headin' out on a fishing trip, and you show up with extra smoked nutty hefe-hoppy-stout in a bottle, you're gettin' left at the dock. Sometimes you need a crappy I'm drinkin' twenty or so beer too.

BTW- Any beers you like somewhere in between whitetrash pisswater and I'm a Mr. pretentious I only drink beer made by blind Belgian monks guy?

I like Leinenkugel's but can't get the regular stuff out here.

Bud Light will get you banned! :lol:

lol, whoops!

c'mon though, you know what I'm sayin... if you're going out fishing or something, you know it's gonna be an early day if your plowing some girthums beer all day.

I don't know what fishing has to do with bad beer. Why does any event call for bad beer? If I was going fishing out in the sun I'd make sure I brought plenty of good beer. Not all good beer is filling if you want 20. If your fishing buddies don't know good beer, introduce them to some. Why would they leave you at the docks if you have the good beer?! More for you I guess, just cast off from the dock :rofl:

By the way, if you like Bud Light by all means bring it, but I don't see the point in not bringing a certain beer because you're afraid it's too fancy. Bring what you like.

I know what you mean about the bud light... sometimes I'll drink several good beers then just switch over to miller low life when it's time to get the job done. Not great beer, not bad though...and easy to drink fast and it's not like I'd be too drunk to remember drinking something like a 120min IPA.

boutros said:
BTW- Any beers you like somewhere in between whitetrash pisswater and I'm a Mr. pretentious I only drink beer made by blind Belgian monks guy?

When I was first learning how to taste and review beers, my teacher started me on Budweiser. He brought up a good point. They taste the same. Always. Every year. Good practice learning flavors and aromas, so while I'll never reach for a Bud/Miller/Coors product as my beer of choice, I'll never look down on someone drinking them or offering me one.

Also, you can never go wrong with a cooler full of Sam Adams for a fishing trip.

My go-to summer beer for drinking all day though:

Sunshine%20Pils%20Glass%20and%20Bottle.jpg

Troeg's Sunshine Pils.

Nothing worse (well maybe not) than waking up after a long night of beer drinking to find out that in the middle of your drunkenness, you downed a bottle of some rare beer you have never had and DON'T remember drinking that night! Ugghhh! That's where these cheap get the job done type beers come in.

I've had a lot of Pacifico's. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they taste like burnt corn.

Whadda bout "good" beers in a can? Glass is no good on the ocean.

boutros said:
I've had a lot of Pacifico's. Sometimes they're good, sometimes they taste like burnt corn.

Oh, oh, Porkslap Pale Ale!

attachment.php

boutros said:

Beer in a can thats good? Easy. Dale's Pale ale.

My usual all day in the sun summer go-to beer down here is either Carib, Kalik, or even Landshark(mostly Carib). If you're going to be out in the sun all day long any of the island-style lagers will work nicely.

Miller is actually a real beer. It is a style (helles munich) which I don't particularly care for, but at least it isn't made with rice......

I agree with the chocolate stout being too heavy for fishing, but a good pale ale or IPA is not too heavy and tastes way better going down.

I am with X, if I am drinking 20 (which is rare any more) I won't be drinking a Dead Guy from the 7th beer on. why waste good beer you won't remember?

I looooooove me some Harpoon Summer -- I was a big fan of Petes Wicked Summer as well until they didnt make it anymore... Sam Adams anything just taste gross to me IDK I equate a mouth feel with oiliness ...

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't know what fishing has to do with bad beer.

I do. I guess it comes down to this.- It's what's available at the fuel docks, and my friends with boats like bad beer. That means Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Lite(I think the worst outta the three,even being born in WI).

I'd probably drink Nat Ice if the boat was going out far enough!

Well on second thought- I did a change up and got some Fat Tire in a can to take out yesterday. Not bad. I usually hate ambers, but caught a bunch of fish so maybe I'll have to chill on the cheapums beer for awhile.

Back