• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Bumpy pods

I had some plants that were heavily affected with brown spots on the leaves, thought it might have been BLS. I removed a lot of foliage from all of them and they are growing pretty healthily now, but a few of them have started producing pods with small, hard bumps on them. I've never seen this before, so wondering who might be wiser than me?

Padron

IMG_1556.jpeg

Cayenne

IMG_1557.jpeg

podz said:
It don't matter - if either of you actually knew what they were then you'd be able to tell even with the fuzzy photo :-)

Admittedly, that is very true!  :D  :D  :D

I have a few pods with a similar poky spot on them as well, although only one spot instead of multiple like yours... Have you cut them open to see if there's anything on the inside like a seed growing through or something? I'm going to cut mine tonight and do some investigating. 

badmoon692004 said:
I have a few pods with a similar poky spot on them as well, although only one spot instead of multiple like yours... Have you cut them open to see if there's anything on the inside like a seed growing through or something? I'm going to cut mine tonight and do some investigating. 

Haven't opened any of them yet, but I will take photos when I do if there is anything extraordinary.

Back