• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Calling it a season...

seems like i cant win this fungal problem that im dealing with.. they are all over my containers and in grounds....

i am allow to be whatever is on the plant ripen... then after i will pull them all.. 1/3 of my plants are bare nekkid...

just some of the photos

even failed at my bubblegum cloning as the branches were also contaminated with the fungal

the plants i got from SHANE/NIGEL/ Shawn aka pepperproblem will be grown in doors until i can rid of everything outside

even my veggies have all been pulled due to spidermites... and i will begin sowing seeds as well... if my projections are right.. i may have peppers in november...

its 17 plants of something labeled BS {brain strain?}(jag), 17 M {morouga} (jag), and 17 labeled M 7... possibly Madballz 7

yes charles... even your crosses are not gonna make it
Spicegeist said:
Sorry to hear that, I hope something survives...
NIGEL...thanks for being able to meet up with shane.. i got all 3 flats and they are indoors in isolation from the rest

I bet you have tryed this but if not have you tryed spraying your plants with neem oil it is non toxic anti fugal also kills afids sorry that your season blows dude the bb 7 is a trooper hope it keeps on living,,

Denniz, that sucks royal ass. Have you tried copper sprays, or do they kill pepper plants anyway? 

Unfortunately those labels were the only ones on the plants, and a lot had no labels. If you separate the twins/triplets there should be 70-80 plants or so. If I get more, I will let you know.

pepperhog said:
I bet you have tryed this but if not have you tryed spraying your plants with neem oil it is non toxic anti fugal also kills afids sorry that your season blows dude the bb 7 is a trooper hope it keeps on living,,
it is a trooper as its overcome 2 dog attacks.. but it too has already been contaminated
btw the way.. there is nothing on the underside of the leaves....
Fremp said:
Oh damn dude! Sorry to hear about the persistent probs! Hopefully you get that nipped in the bud!
 i still have time.. i hope...

Portuge said:
Dude that blows, best of luck on the next go around... BB looks sweet, put me down on the wishlist
ill harvest the seeds and get them ready for those that want OP

Nightshade said:
I can trade you for some bb7
 you will be on my waiting list

pepperhog said:
 ive tried a lot.. no one seems to know what its like... so fighting something unknown makes it harder...

Nigel said:
Denniz, that sucks royal ass. Have you tried copper sprays, or do they kill pepper plants anyway? 

Unfortunately those labels were the only ones on the plants, and a lot had no labels. If you separate the twins/triplets there should be 70-80 plants or so. If I get more, I will let you know.
i noticed some were doubled.. i will do my best to care for shawns plants...

King D-
That sucks.Hard to change the dirt under your feet, and it maybe wind blown spores....whatever- but I guarantee you, the rest of us can keep you in pods for the season.Just like you offered to send out cloned BBG7's to whoever with no recompense , the pods will come.Live to fight another day-we got your back for the rest of the season if it comes to that,  No bullshit.
DJ

Insects spread stuff.
I see black dots on some plant stems...a sucking insect left that.
You'll se the dots all along the stems where they chowed down.
Most times you'll never see what did it.
Mites spread a virus through my plants for 4 seasons,both broad and spider mites.
I think your plants have the after effects of stuff mites spread,not a fungus but a virus...

My plants either lived through it eventually or outright died.
All it takes is 1 sucking insect to start the spread all over again until your plants get immune or resistant to whatever the mites gave them.
Took 4 seasons to get rid of the spider mites permanently and I still get broad mites but stuff like 3in1 seem to slow them down and stop them for a few weeks.
Gotta apply it all the time.
Sulfur is what messes with the mites.
Look for the anti fungal with the highest % of sulfur in it.

Mites don't get immune to sulfur like they do to poisons.
I think mites leave a toxin in a plant that messes them up even if they didn't give your plant a disease.
Sometimes my plants came back easier than other times.I think sometimes they only got the mite toxin and no disease,other times they got both...

smokemaster said:
Insects spread stuff.I see black dots on some plant stems...a sucking insect left that.You'll se the dots all along the stems where they chowed down.Most times you'll never see what did it.Mites spread a virus through my plants for 4 seasons,both broad and spider mites.I think your plants have the after effects of stuff mites spread,not a fungus but a virus...My plants either lived through it eventually or outright died.All it takes is 1 sucking insect to start the spread all over again until your plants get immune or resistant to whatever the mites gave them.Took 4 seasons to get rid of the spider mites permanently and I still get broad mites but stuff like 3in1 seem to slow them down and stop them for a few weeks.Gotta apply it all the time.Sulfur is what messes with the mites.Look for the anti fungal with the highest % of sulfur in it.Mites don't get immune to sulfur like they do to poisons.I think mites leave a toxin in a plant that messes them up even if they didn't give your plant a disease.Sometimes my plants came back easier than other times.I think sometimes they only got the mite toxin and no disease,other times they got both...

Thanks for the info! One of my plants got spider mites! I found the webbing under a leaf and could barely see the tiny spider mite running away and I smushed it and sprayed the whole plant. The plant also had aphids which is a double whammy! I HATE PESTS!
Damn Denniz that's a shame and a massive blow! I hope that you are able to keep the dream alive and that your plants can overcome their current state! You got some beauty bubblegums growing! The nicest I've seen in fact! I think smokemaster nailed it! Mites I've heard do the worst damage to plants and are hard to get rid of!
Sorry bud! Best of luck to ya

3 in 1 type sprays are a lot of times a soap,sulfur and an oil(neem or?).
They should mess with the aphids too,same as soap spray or oil does.
With non poison stuff you have to use it ALL the time until the cycle is over.No more adults to lay eggs...

Mites suck,when things get bad the egg carrying females go off and hibernate until you think you got them all and stopped spraying.
then they come out and start things all over.
Since you have damaged plants already,you don't notice the new damage until they are again re established.
I used to use my shelves year round and couldn't get rid of the mites.
So I emptied my shelves and cleared everything off them.
3-4 weeks latter there are webs and spider mites hanging from my fluoros.
Lots of them.
It seems they crawled in them to hibernate.They came out to no plants and I finaly got rid of them.
Mites are HARD to get rid of permanantly when you don't get cold winters to kill them off outside and are able to grow year round.

Woah man, that's just sad. I hope you can find out what's the problem and fix it. Your plants looked like my potted ones when they died on me because of root rot.

The bubblegum pod you sent me had like 12-14 seeds so I'm gona try to get at least a seedling from those and grow it indoors in a hydro rig. If anything comes up I'll be posting it in my glog.

If they produce pods similar you'll be the first to get some. I just hope you don't give up completely, and come back stronger next season.

, Walter

That looks like what is happening to my plants at the moment. I researched a bit and came to the conclussion that it is broad mites. Have given two treatments of lime sulphur with a 7 day interval and all but one of the plants (pimenta de neyde) are shooting healthy new growth. I hope this helps dude.

By all means start a separate indoor grow in the meantime just in case , but if I was you instead of ripping them out I would cut them right back to only a few nodes (like overwintering) clean up any leaves etc and spray The lot (including the top of the soil and the pots)with a strong mixture of wettable sulphur/lime sulphur and pyrethrin (or just lime sulphur up to you). Then after a week give the soil a drench with kelp and good bacteria and let them go from there.
My bet is they will bounce back if it isn't a root problem as far as I am concerned you still have a completely healthy plant in the waiting. Best of luck

Back