• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pests can anyone identify this bug?

i seen this little bug on my plant. was going to kill it but then noticed it was eating an ant. ants were farming aphids last month so i let the little guy go thinking he might be some kind of ant eating bug. anyone know what it is? should i kill it if i see it again? i dont see any damage to my plant.. thanks for any info.

ive been searching online and think it might be some kind of assassin bug.. anyone else agree? i hope so since they are highly beneficial

I don't know what they are, but I was just pointing one out to my wife tonight and telling her not to squish those ones as they've been eating all of the Aphids, ants and today the one I showed her had a small fly.

I can just imagine it gorging itself on a big fat leaf eating caterpillar. Now that's a feast for a good bug like that!!!

i found 3 of them on my plant this morning. one was right next to an aphid but he didnt eat it. maybe he was full or maybe he was waiting for an ant to come by..or maybe he doesnt like to eat in front of people. anyways heres some more pics.

Back