• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Can you identify this chilli?

I bought 3 chilli plants at the start of the season. A jalapeño, orange hab, and bhut jolokia. The first two are fine, but the latter is not what o was expecting and not like any bhut I've seen before, or on google for that mater.
Can anyone tell me if this is a bhut jolokia, and if not, what is it?
Thanks for your help guys.

I know! Realised I'd forgot that but buggered if I can figure out how to add a photo now!
Anyone help me out here? How do I add a photo?

I use photobucket. Create a free account if you don't have one. Upload your picture then click on it and under the share option click on the IMG box. That will copy it to your clipboard and then just paste it in your post.

That is a bhut jolokia...almost positive..pretty sure...at least I think so...I imagine it is. Yup.. ya it is

gmen16 said:
That is a bhut jolokia...almost positive..pretty sure...at least I think so...I imagine it is. Yup.. ya it is

So you're certain it might be a bhut jolokia? Although it might definitely be something else?

I have 1 bhut jolokia plant and the pod shapes can be long, short, fat, wide, etc. That looks like it could be. Is the color correct in the photo's? Look's very orange. See if it darkens to red after a couple days otherwise I'd lean towards Hoglegs suggestion.

They're actually paler in the photos. They've darkens slightly in some areas but not really changed for about 3 weeks now. The green ones did the same thing. Started pale, went darker green and then turned orange, but nothing else.

Bought them online from world of chillies. I've tried one, it has a strong pepper taste, like chewing peppercorns. I was expecting something a bit more citrus.

Back