• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Chilis the resteraunt is crap!!!

thehotpepper.com said:
Here's an idea. A national chain that actually uses foods from the region so each one is slightly different, but the menu is basically the same. Linguine with Cajun meatballs (New Orleans), linguine with lobster meatballs (Maine), linguine with crabcake meatballs (Maryland), etc., etc.

Mmmmmm.......for Florida it'd be linguine with fried gator meatballs(FGB's?).......damn that sound friggin' awesome.

JayT said:
you know, "The Hot Pepper" would make a great name for a restaurant. And with recipes from here (and a mild menu for the masses) it would make a great restaurant! Go for it THP I'll be one of your first customers. Hell, I may even move there and manage the bar.
i'd cut off a limb to be the chef there.

thehotpepper.com said:
Here's an idea. A national chain that actually uses foods from the region so each one is slightly different, but the menu is basically the same. Linguine with Cajun meatballs (New Orleans), linguine with lobster meatballs (Maine), linguine with crabcake meatballs (Maryland), etc., etc.

Oooh ooohh ooohh i wanna be the bartender there!!

*Puts on asbestos suit*

I like Chilis. A lot. Those southwestern egg rolls are TO DIE FOR.

But then again, I wouldn't expect it to have hot food just because it's called Chilis. Because not all chilis are hot.

thehotpepper.com said:
Major chains suck, they are good for when you are traveling and nothing else is around.

Major chains usually suck I agree, but I like Frickers wings, and Fridays Flat Iron steak cooked rare is really good. Other than that though. That's usually the case.

thehotpepper.com said:

When I worked at an Olive Garden years ago, I learned that they use demographics and marketing data for that region to adapt the menu to different parts of the country having different tastes.

Some of it is good..if you've never actually had genuine Italian food. ;)

Simply put..Americans generally want to THINK they are eating something foreign. They see some multi-sauced, bland thing with the name "carbonara" and go wheeee..italian food.

Well, those new dishes they have with Carbonara in the name in no way resemble the real thing. Real one is too simple.

After all, the big chains have to make use of all that modifyed corn syrup, don't they? ;)

Plus, would you really want an staff of minimum-wage kids making your food? Trust me, I've worked anough restaurants and seen how things work behind the scenes that I'll nearly never eat out again. Funny, I don't get sick much either.

My .02,

-QS

Oh, perfect thought for this thread.

Buddy and I were doing some construction work, went to have lunch.

Now, he's also a chef..and we'd talked about the new Chiles in town, so we decided to check it out. Well, we got as far as seeing the menus.

Not about to be paying $10-20 dollars a plate for crap.

We left, went to Flaming Joe's and both eat HOT food and cold beer for $20 for the boht of us. :)

Thanks! :)

I can't think of any food that I'd want to eat that I can't make myself...the way *I* want it. Yes, I do buy premade bread, cheese, tortillas, all that..but that's just a matter of expense and time there.

Back