• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Chocolate Fatalii

So I ordered some seeds on THP for chocolate Fatalii. Since then I have been doing some research. Some west suggest that it has the flavor but no heat and others state it's just as hot as the yellow and red variants.

Any experience on this?

Thanks

I grew Chocolate, Red and Standard Fatalli two years ago and the chocolates had zero heat and didn't taste that good to me...the reds were about as hot as a small piece of jalapeno and tasted OK...the yellows were the standard heat and flavor...

I am growing some but none ripen yet. How long do they take? Even my bhuts are ripen and the Coco Fatalii had pods before it.

Bummer, I have been looking forward to getting some!Guess that opens up another spot on the search list!

i also grew the chocolates a few years ago - no heat. i grew the reds at the same time - some heat but not much flavor. i love the yellows and will not grow any varients anymore.

I crossed a Viper with a Fatalii last season and got these this season quite hot and not a bad flavour at all.I will grow out a F2 next season.
004-11.jpg

003-6.jpg

I have a Chocolat Fatalii and i was thinking they had not heat too. What i found was that it is all up in the membrain and seed area. I bit one in half and ate the lower end and it had no heat, but then i tried the top have and it got hot fast. They do take a long time to rippen but the plant is way out producing my habs

I had a very hot Chocolate Fatalii recently. The pepper came from Darthpepper, but the seeds he grew out were from Baker`s Peppers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGAcNF8pqZY

Back