• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Coffee & Chilis

Coffee is mainly water so it should disperse the oils.
I seen Rachel ray add cayenne powder to hot choclate.
I wonder how it would taste brewed with coffee

Wow, I'm surprised Willard has chimed in on this. From what I remember hearing, back in the day, the Aztecs used to use chiles in their chocolate. Sounds good to me. Hot and spicy mocha anyone??? :dance:

I was able to try some chili infused hot cocoa when I was in London last month. I have to say, skeptical as I was, it was actually a really nice drink. You really did not notice the chili until the aftertaste with a mild burning in the back of the throat. It was high-quality chocolate which probably makes a big difference but definitely worth a try.

Someone sent me a chocolate bar a while back with chilis in it. I can't remember the brand name offhand, but I thought it was a nice combination. Not super hot, but a just enough of a kick to know the peppers were there.

In Mexico and Peru they use Chile,Chocolate and Cinnamon (Canela-sold as Mexican Cinnamon)as a combination for a lot of stuff.

I buy the chili chocolate bars here when I can..they are ok..dont really notice a difference..prefer to try and make my own :cool:

I have a Keurig single serving brewer and those reusable filters which I used to brew up coffee with about 1/2 to 1 tsp of dried pepper spice, it is quite good. The hotter the coffee's temperature the more intense the kick.

+70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate, A nice bean Blend of rich espresso latte and some nice fruity but not tooooo hot chilli

and then a nice rich glass of Merlot/Shiraz/Syrah/Pinot Noir/Cabernet Merlot to finish ....

That is a top combo (you can substitute the wine for a good Stouut as well :beer: )

TOOOO GOOD!!

There's a cafe near me that offers a chilli shot with your coffee, chai or chocolate but I have been kind of reluctant to try it.
I love both coffee and chillies immensely... just maybe not together.

Back