• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Count Douglah & Pineapple Express

I am normally not a hot sauce reviewer but after receiving two sauces from Bhut Camp, I felt it was my duty. I didn't bother taping this because I wouldn't be able to handle everyone laughing at me as I ran around my house screaming like a little girl (slight exaggeration but still funny). First sauce was the infamous "Count Douglah." I generally stay away from the superhots since the Chinense flavor and aroma typically doesn't agree with me. This sauce has a strong Chinense flavor and aroma however, is very tasty. . . AND VERY F***ING HOT!!!!!!!!! :fireball: :fireball: :fireball: Most times, I can do without the use of milk but it was required equipment when tasting a spoonful of this liquid magma! One things for sure, the stomach virus / cold I had has been frightened right out of my body after a spoonful of CD.

The Pineapple Express did not have the level of heat as the CD sauce. The pineapple flavor is right up front and very tasty. There was a savory element in it that I can't figure out as well as the kinds of peppers used in it. The heat sneaks right up on you and is respectable. Pineapple Express left me scratching my head and breathing fire. Both could use a little extra time on the puree setting but beyond that, the taste was 'spot on.' Overall, I enjoyed both sauces and would recommend them to anyone who can take the heat. Ya' see, it can be done without extracts!

Well done Bhut Camp and good luck getting these sauces out on the market!!!

well milk or not, at least you got rid of the flu bug :)
Never heard of the CD but gonna have to look it up and maybe try some :)
Will have to talk to bhut camp I guess!

Does he have them up for sale? The sauce looks like a real natural killer :lol:

edit: Tried Messaging him but it seems his inbox is full.

-Peter

Thank you for the kind words RTF!I am glad that you appreciated my latest works.Oh yeah,your check is in the mail! :lol: Count Douglah is a douglah based sauce with chocolate bhuts used to supply a level of heat that can rival some of the extract sauces yet still have a smooth,good flavor.Pineapple Express is a fruit(pineapple) forward sauce that blends the flavors of smoked peppers with aji limon to create a uniquely spiced hot sauce.Anyone that is interested in trying either sauce can just pm me for pricing.Both sauces are in the trial stages and I'm looking for honest input from everyone that tries them.They may or may not be the final product depending upon the feedback I recieve.

Thanks again BC! I really did enjoy both sauces. I was wondering if the Pineapple Express had Aji Lemons or maybe Datils in it. WOW!!!

GOOD STUFF! :cheers:

I was fortunate enough to be one of the first test subjects for both sauces, so I'll chime in.

Count Douglah is one of the most sinister hot sauces I have tried, but as mentioned by bhut_camp, as it is a true pepper sauce, there is no extract bitterness. Good balance of earthy flavor with bright heat. Pepper forward but in a very pleasant way (assuming you like the actual taste of the peppers... if you don't, why are you here?). Experiencing the kick of a douglah-based sauce is a must for any true pepperhead.

Pineapple Express is a very unique flavor. I've explored a large lot of commercially produced sauces, but never encountered a flavor quite like this one--sweet to earthy-spicy to building heat in a matter of seconds. Pineapple on the front end sets it apart from other sauces I've tried. Heat is moderate, but the distinct flavor gives the sauce utility as a seasoning, not just a heat enhancer.

Good morning HM. Just to clarify when I said I'm not a fan of the flavor, that is specifically for those aftertaste and aroma that occurs with some peppers in the Capsicum chinense species. As you increase your experience with all the many species and varieties, you'll discover each has a very different and unique flavor, heat, aroma, etc. I've never particularly enjoyed the flavor or aroma of habaneros (also a C. chinense) but like my review said, the mixture of ingredients in Count Douglah was wonderful and I really enjoyed the flavor. I think that's why I was so impressed by it.

Your brother did a great job!

P.S. After more than 12 hours, I have not suffered any ill-effects of a superhot sauce (of course wait for the coffee to do its evil work :hell: ) and am feeling just fine. I've had other superhots and extract containing sauces that have really torn me up inside. Count Douglah has not produced anything like that. Well done! :beer:

Good morning HM. Just to clarify when I said I'm not a fan of the flavor, that is specifically for those aftertaste and aroma that occurs with some peppers in the Capsicum chinense species.

RTF, didn't mean my statement to be a response to your assessment of C. chinense peppers. Just a light-hearted poke at the nature of our kind (pepperheads). :)

Great reviews, I don't think I have the cajonas to take on the Count Doughla, but i'm interested in the Pinepple express. One of my favorite sauces of all time is the Aruba Heat "tropical heat" sauce. ARUBA HEAT SAUCE tried it on a taco while diving in Aruba and I made sure to leave with 12 bottles in my suitcase. The agent at the airport asked why I had so many and I said "to be honest it's that good".

Pm sent.

Back