• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

baccatum Did you grow Trepadeira Werner?

I grew this pepper this season because of the way it sounded, Looks like a cherry taste like a berry.
It is a delicious & thick fleshed pod, with sweet tropical flavors & spice a little hotter than a Serrano. It's a keeper.

:pics:

1692985451575.png

1692985536956.png

1692985733400.png

Last edited:
Great to see how well you did with it and your positive pod review, Marturo. I'm about to start one to grow indoors over the winter and you have me pretty psyched about it! :)

Using baker creek seeds, which it looks like you used.

Great to see how well you did with it and your positive pod review, Marturo. I'm about to start one to grow indoors over the winter and you have me pretty psyched about it! :)

Using baker creek seeds, which it looks like you used.
Sounds great CD your gonna love it. We just saw it at BC & it sounded very good. Side note. My wife who eats Pickled Rayados.
She took a bite early on, off a yellow one & spit it out :mouthonfire: it was Niagara Falls baby, copious drool & hiccups. Later after eating a red one
she remarked this is not as hot as a Jalapeño.

This was sold by BC as a wild pepper from Brazil. I have grown Chilitepin, Pequin, Cheripita & all are very small power packed peppers.
These have fat thick walled juicy pods with a super tasty flavor & lower heat. We are going to make cowboy candy with whole pods.

This plant should do real well in a container over winter, I'm going to start two more for growing in 5 gal pails.

How thick is the wall? I'd be interested in pickling them sliced like cherry peppers!

It's a baccatum so it pickles well - even thin-walled baccatum like Lemon Drop (kella uchu) pickles really well and doesn't need a highly flavoured brine like the Peppadew does (also a baccatum btw).

Peppadew has close to zero flavour whereas Lemon Drop and Trepadeira Werner do ( as do a few other baccatum)

How thick is the wall? I'd be interested in pickling them sliced like cherry peppers!

The walls are thick & meaty first one I ate that did it, Pickled halfs & Cowboy candy I said.
They are good in anything you want flavor & medium heat, you can add a scotchie for added heat if needed. I need um! 😅

It has great taste with a very full on Ripe bell pepper flavor without the grassy taste & with heat like a Jalapeño.

1694018042456.png

It's a baccatum so it pickles well - even thin-walled baccatum like Lemon Drop (kella uchu) pickles really well and doesn't need a highly flavoured brine like the Peppadew does (also a baccatum btw).

Peppadew has close to zero flavour whereas Lemon Drop and Trepadeira Werner do ( as do a few other baccatum)
I have pickled Tepin x Lemon Drop:
I still prefer a thicker walled pepper.

@Marturo, YES, like that!

Back