• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Discolored Stems??

Hey everyone, so I'm BRAND new to attempting this whole growing my own plants. I completely went wrong on my first attempt with a few habaneros, I got over excited about them sprouting and immediately rushed them out to the sun. Needless to say none made it.

After that I did my homework and I've got all 10 plants going strong so far, although 2 or 3 are maybe a bit overly leggy.

Anyway, I've gotten to the point where I'm beginning the process of introducing these new babies to the outdoors during the day. Today when I brought them in, everyone looks very healthy and very green, however a couple of them have started to show a reddish/pinkish hue in the stems, one of them is actually BRIGHT reddish. The leaves are very green still and it's not leaning over at all.

Is this normal?

Since you are brand new... let me be the first to tell you, sit back, crack open a cold one and relax. #1 mistake we have all made at some point, worrying too much about our plants. If you are too concerned, post a pic, its the best way for any of us to help you.

Thanks everyone, I had a feeling it was sun related, just wanted to find out if maybe it wasn't a serious issue. As previously mentioned, all the leaves are still very vibrant green, nobody is leaning or drooping at all. So it seems everything is kosher for the moment! I'll relocate my camera and post some pics soon...but not tonight! lol

Back