• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

English subtitles for the french canadian documentary "Chiliheads, fous de piments forts"

Anyone seen this? Or want to now that there are english subtitles available? Tony primeaux mentioned you in it, so you should at least be aware of it!

I enjoyed it, especially seeing tony talk about the "striking similarities" of the reaper to his 7 pot primo and a little of his general experience and character.

I wanted to watch this and couldn't find anything but the french subtitles that came with it, and the closed captions I got from pbs. I google translated the french subtitles and used them, the captions (which were also somewhere between bad, and completely made/up wrong), and painstakingly listening to the english buried below an aggressively loud canadian french overdub (as well as lipreading) to cobble these together.

Hopefully they will be useful to someone else! The video can be downloaded here if you are in canada or have a canadian vpn : https://www.tv5unis.ca/videos/chiliheads-fous-de-piments-forts. I can also share the file I downloaded with the subtitles already added, but I am - at best - unclear on the legality (and/or policies here) of that. Supposedly it is on PBS, which is how I got the english closed captions, but it doesn't seem to be available there currently.

Attachments

• Chiliheads, fous de piments forts [7d52e5820883476ea0141547e369528a].en_self.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Back